SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Upgraded 228, now slide sticks unless hammer is cocked
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Upgraded 228, now slide sticks unless hammer is cocked Login/Join 
posted
I have a West German P228 of unknown provenance. Decided last week that it would be a super great idea to upgrade it with E2 grips, a Grayguns ELS, and an SRT kit. 2 FerrariSteve videos and a couple hours of profanity later, I get everything installed, put it back together, and now...

I can't get the slide all the way back on unless I cock the hammer. It makes it to about the last 1/2 inch, but binds internally somewhere I can't see.

If I cock the hammer, it goes on fine and everything appears to function correctly... but I know I screwed something up somewhere. Before I take it all back apart again, any suggestions on where I should start?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Posts: 34 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Update: it was the Grayguns ELS. Not sure why, but when I put the original trigger and trigger bar back in everything cycles just fine.

Of course, I found this out after removing the SRT kit and putting those original parts back in as well.

Keeping the E2 grips and calling it a night.

Posts: 34 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a different difficulty when attempting the same SRT kit install with my W.German P228. In the end, I modified the installation order as suggested by other forum members. I kept the SRT kit but removed the E2 grips as I didn't like the grip angle.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/8200028964

"Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action." - Ian Fleming

Posts: 547 | Location: MA | Registered: March 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post