SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Putting grips on old P226
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Putting grips on old P226 Login/Join 
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted
I want to put a set of these Hogues on my 1984 vintage P226. Will they fit? I've heard rumblings of some things changing over the years such as grip screw sizes and such so want to be sure.

Hogue finger grooves

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You should be fine. I would use your old grip screws.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of geektoad
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure about Hogue's wrap around grips, but worst case you might need a new-style looped trigger bar spring. It's only a couple bucks and super easy to replace.

Posts: 95 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: January 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
If you have the old style metal mainspring seat and long strut, you may have to upgrade to the plastic seat and short strut. That will depend on how the inside of the grips are cut.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
New production Hogues are designed for both the old style metal base and plastic based MSH assemblies as well as straight old style and new style trigger bar springs.

Exactly! Anything you buy from Hogue these will fit both old and new.

Q

Posts: 26322 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Great that puts my mind at ease, thanks! My P228 already has this grip and I shoot so much better with it so I have to give the old P226 the same treatment.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
New production Hogues are designed for both the old style metal base and plastic based MSH assemblies as well as straight old style and new style trigger bar springs.

That's great! The last set of rubber panels I bought were really old. I found them in a clearance bin at a LGS and then found out they were metal seat grips. They went to a karma winner.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post