SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Has anyone ever used Tooltech Gunsights to install sights on their Sig 230 series
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone ever used Tooltech Gunsights to install sights on their Sig 230 series Login/Join 
posted
Hey all, just wondering if anyone has ever used tooltech to install Trijicon night sights on their pocket Sigs. I have a beretta 85fs and posted the same question on their site but could not get straight answer. Any recommendations would be great since those itty bitty sights are tough to see with my aging eyeballs.Thanks!!

Posts: 41 | Location: Spencerport, New York | Registered: June 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
I haven't used them as I install sights myself. Their website shows the 85FS and Sig p230 listed so they should be able to install sights for you.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
I haven't had them install sights on any of my SIGs but they have on my Tanfos. I was pleased with the results.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

When they cut the front dovetail in a P230, do they just leave it in the white, or finish it somehow?

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks folks who have responsed so far and apologize to those because my explanation in my post was unclear. I know tooltech does berettas and sigs and was wondering if anyone has had any work done on their quality handguns and satified with the service provided.I know for my beretta 85fs is 295.00 and just want to make sure tooltech service is top notch. And good question by henryaz if anyone has a nickel or blued slide.

Posts: 41 | Location: Spencerport, New York | Registered: June 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had Tooltech do my P230 Stainless about a year ago. Excellent service and quality. They did cut a dovetail for the front sight. I would use them again if needed. It took about 5 weeks.

Posts: 20 | Location: South Florida | Registered: November 13, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Looking at the pictures on their website, of a blued P230 slide with new sights installed, it *appears* that the front dovetail cut has been treated/blued, but then again there is not really a clear picture of that area.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I couldnt tell from their pics either but I think I'll give them a shot. The 85fs is blue but I picked up a mint nickel complete slide at a gun show that Ill have the sights installed on and keep the original slide stock. It looks sharp in two tone with french walnut grips.I have my share of polymer sigs, hk and glocks but two guns I regretted selling in the 90's and bought again were my german sig 225 and the beretta 85fs. Both are as new conition, classy, and iconic and will now be basically range guns and safe queens.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ozzy14559:
I couldnt tell from their pics either but I think I'll give them a shot. The 85fs is blue but I picked up a mint nickel complete slide at a gun show that Ill have the sights installed on and keep the original slide stock. It looks sharp in two tone with french walnut grips.I have my share of polymer sigs, hk and glocks but two guns I regretted selling in the 90's and bought again were my german sig 225 and the beretta 85fs. Both are as new conition, classy, and iconic and will now be basically range guns and safe queens.

If you do have Tooltech do the work, would you please post pictures after you get your slides/guns back?

I'm kicking around the idea of getting a Walther PPK/S once they become readily available and one of the changes I would like to have made is adding night sights.

They charge a pretty hefty price for their work. I would call and ask them if rebluing is included and how they go about doing it.

I assume they just do a cold blue after milling the dovetails. But I would ask them to be sure.

Posts: 6608 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Broadside, Will be shipping my original blued slide to tooltech tomorrow(2/4).Will post some pics when it comes back.Hopefully it was worth the price.

posted Hide Post
Based on my 4-5 experiences with ToolTech, they do outstanding and meticulous work. BTW, ToolTech has a very close relationship with Trijicon.

Illinois Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol and CCW Instructor, Firearms Expert Witness - Fraternal Order of Police
*************************************************************************************************************
"Civilian marksmanship was appalling, for a population obsessed with guns." - Lee Child, "A Wanted Man"

Posts: 93 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
Good workmanship they fitted some N/S on my S&W 1066 ages ago and they are still in business which is a good sign

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2255 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post