SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    3rd Gen S&W Length of Trigger Pull.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

3rd Gen S&W Length of Trigger Pull. Login/Join 
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted
I love 3rd Gen S&W pistols.

Unfortunately my trigger finger hits the trigger at the first joint.

I need either a trigger shoe, not to be found,

or some way to shorten the pull as my fat finger

first and second joint hit the head of the trigger

guard before let off. Any suggestions?

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have S&W gen 1 (39-2), gen 2 (659), and gen 3 (4054) autos, but am not aware of any current solution.

Is it a model that may have the capability of straight vs curved grips (such as some of the 59xx series?

PC

Posts: 1332 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
What is the history on trigger shoes?

I have been told the Lawyers pretty much banned them.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by George43:
What is the history on trigger shoes?

I have been told the Lawyers pretty much banned them.

The fear I always had was the small set screws would loosen and the shoe would slip around enough to prevent pulling the trigger.

PC

Posts: 1332 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PCWyoming:
[T]he small set screws would loosen and the shoe would slip around enough to prevent pulling the trigger.

That was the cautionary advice commonly given way back when trigger shoes were popular.
If anything, the “lawyers” should be happy with something that disabled a gun, although another caution was that a trigger shoe that was wider than the trigger guard might cause an unintentional discharge when shoved into a tight holster.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post