SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P220 trigger failed to reset

Moderators: Chris Orndorff
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 trigger failed to reset Login/Join 
posted
I was shooting my West German P220 when half way through the mag the trigger failed to reset, I pulled the trigger a few more times still failed.

I rack the slide ejected the round and the rest of the mag fired and the ejected round fired.

The gun was made about 2003. I bought used 5 years ago, I rebuilt it new extractor and spring kit.

I ran 700 rounds through it after the rebuild, with no problems untill now, What happen?, what do I need to look for?

Posts: 330 | Location: Minnesota  | Registered: June 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Usually failure to reset is caused by a broken trigger bar spring, however, you stated that the remainder of the magazine fired, so I am not sure. Is the trigger bar fouled with grime? Remove the right grip panel and take a look.

Do you have after market grips on the gun that may have pinched the trigger bar spring?

Posts: 10489 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted February 26, 2017 02:21 PM Hide Post
Usually failure to reset is caused by a broken trigger bar spring, however, you stated that the remainder of the magazine fired, so I am not sure. Is the trigger bar fouled with grime? Remove the right grip panel and take a look.

The trigger bar spring is ok. The trigger bar does have a little grime on it. I am going to take the trigger bar out, clean and grease it.

The factory sig plastic grips are on it.

I will let you know if I find anything else.

Posts: 330 | Location: Minnesota  | Registered: June 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Be sure to reinstall the trigger bar spring in the correct notch on the trigger bar. That is a very common mistake that can cause reset issues.

Posts: 10489 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post