SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Unusual Spot on P320 FCU
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unusual Spot on P320 FCU Login/Join 
posted
Hello all, I detail stripped my P320 the other day and noticed an unusual spot on the inside of the FCU where the trigger is held in place by its detent. It's probably not an issue, but I was looking for a second opinion, and also was wondering if this is normal or something I should be concerned about. Any help is much appreciated! Pictures below:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: johnsmith31402,

Posts: 4 | Registered: April 10, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
You really need to downsize the image(s) so we can see what you're talking about without scrolling back and forth, up and down.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My apologies. I resized the pictures. Hopefully it looks better now.

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Is that a notch or merely a dark spot? Can you feel it dragging your fingernail across it?

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It feels like a very shallow notch, and it corresponds exactly to where the detent that holds the trigger in place rests when the trigger is fully depressed. It looks dark in the pictures, but in person it is very shiny, and almost looks polished.

Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Send SIG the images and see what they say...

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I would deburr the parts involved, apply some oil to the place where they rub on each other, and monitor for continued abrasion.

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post