SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Refinish questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Refinish questions Login/Join 
Picture of c_zielsdorf
posted
I'm getting my Hi Power ready to send off to Don Williams.
My main interest is to have a great trigger, so he is installing the Garthwaite parts and modifying the reset while eliminating the firing pin safety.
I have been agonizing over finish options.
I really like the look of the bright (NP3) slide, and the black frame (Roguard).
Is this going to cause a problem with glare?
He is going to install a set of Heinie sights with a fiber optic front.
To be totally honest, I don't really have the funds to do any custom work to stipple the top of the slide, so it is going to be left as a MKIII.

Disabled combat vet

Posts: 1409 | Location: WY | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
According to Robar, not a problem with glare.

https://robarguns.com/custom-firearm-finishes/np3/

"NP3® is a satin gray, non-reflective color ideal for all firearms."

I have a number of Sigs with bead blasted SS slides. The color is also satin gray in appearance. Zero issues with glare. A smooth bright finish like chrome or polished SS would have considerable glare in direct sunlight.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
I have 2 SIGs with the 'Norton Special' NP3 treatment. There is NO problem with glare.

I just had my Colt 1911 Gold Cup frame finished with Roguard satin. I just did the frame because I love the polished blue on the slide.
The satin is shiny beautiful on a well polished part. So much so that the slide is going back (after I scratched in the range bag) to get it done with the same.

You're gonna love the way it looks.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of c_zielsdorf
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help!

Disabled combat vet

Posts: 1409 | Location: WY | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If this is your first work being done by Don Williams, I feel sure that you will be very pleased....plus he is a gentleman to boot.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post