SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Needs some help moving sights on my Sphinx SDP
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Needs some help moving sights on my Sphinx SDP Login/Join 
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted
Have a pair of Mep night sights to mount. Anyone have a sight tool that’ll work?

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
Best tool out there IMO is the MGW Sight Pro. Problem is that it's expensive and requires shoes for each different firearm. I don't know that there is a Sphinx plate, but it may fit other plates. (MGW can make you one if need be as I've seen them do it for people in the past)I'd recommend avoiding the hammer and punch method as every Sphinx that I've encountered has VERY tight sights

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1587 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deadmanmike:
Best tool out there IMO is the MGW Sight Pro. Problem is that it's expensive and requires shoes for each different firearm. I don't know that there is a Sphinx plate, but it may fit other plates. (MGW can make you one if need be as I've seen them do it for people in the past)I'd recommend avoiding the hammer and punch method as every Sphinx that I've encountered has VERY tight sights

I have the MGW Sight Pro.
I was able to use the CZ plate to change the sights on a Sphinx SDP with it.

Posts: 492 | Location: Accross the Mississippi from St. Louis | Registered: February 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post