SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Source for internal P220 extractors?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Source for internal P220 extractors? Login/Join 
Picture of Steve in PA
posted
I have two P220 handguns with the internal extractors. I was going through my supply of springs, parts, etc. I have a spare extractor but thought I’d pick up another one.

Seems Sig no longer makes them. Grayguns has a service, but I don’t want to spend $400 to get both handguns serviced.

Anyone know of anyone who makes or sells the extractor? Or, are older P220’s destined to become paper weights?

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3436 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I all but stopped shooting my early production P220ST years ago because of the extractor.

After about 700 rnds It would start to have extraction problems. Sig knew of the problem but would never fix it, they would send me a couple extractors and that was it.
I have used extractors that I thought might be retentioned someday.
If I was going to shoot it more I would have Bruce Gray replace the extractor with his model.

I will never forget how Sig buried this issue,I will probably NEVER buy another Sig because of it.

Posts: 4609 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I replace mine internal extractor a few years ago from Top Gun Supply.

Updated I did not know that Sig discontinue the extractor. I need to find a spare, for my 220 and 225

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cuda2045,

Posts: 474 | Location: Minnesota  | Registered: June 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
For a Stainless or Folded Steel Slide P220?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Probably talking about the internal extractor of the folded slide.
If so, Gerry Ritacco of Total Automation, the guy who invented the QTR (Quick Trigger Reset) system, does manufacture these extractors. He used to sell them individually online, but now, he will only install them, if you send in your slide (for a fee, of course). Contact him directly, totalautomation1 (AT) gmail.com, replacing the AT with @.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out ebay. Robertson Trading Post has one for $39.

Posts: 144 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
I all but stopped shooting my early production P220ST years ago because of the extractor.

It is important to note what type of P220. The extractor on the older folded slide models is captive (like a 1911), and works very well. The internal extractor on the stainless slide models is a different and poorer design which led to problems. If I am not mistaken, the P220ST had a stainless slide.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
My P220's are of the older, folded steel slides.

Still looking, still not coming up with any alternative other than Gray Guns. At $400 ($200 x 2 guns), plus shipping, if I have to go that route I might as well buy a newer P220.

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3436 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve in PA:
My P220's are of the older, folded steel slides.

Still looking, still not coming up with any alternative other than Gray Guns. At $400 ($200 x 2 guns), plus shipping, if I have to go that route I might as well buy a newer P220.

Did you check the Robertson Trading Post suggestion above?

Edit to add the link...

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0...2Fitm%2F273039648479

Posts: 280 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From the Robertson Trading Post link if you drill down: "Here are extractors for old model Sig Sauer Pistols chambered in 9mm or .38 Super" So, thinking that's the folded slide P220 in 9mm/.38... are 9mm and .45 extractors interchangeable? Don't they have differing tension? (asking, not positive). Was discussed here inconclusively: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/3930025524

Gerry at Total Automation did a run back in 2015, but his web site is not up. Wonder if he's even still open?

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you ever find an extractor?

I have 1 german 220 with internal
1 West German 226 with internal
And a hybrid 220 with stainless slide and internal.

I was thinking i might need a few myself

Posts: 161 | Location: Marietta,GA | Registered: January 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post