SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    220 parts interchangeability
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

220 parts interchangeability Login/Join 
posted
I picked up an older 220 with the non-rebounding hammer.... well most of one. I have a complete slide, barrel, frame, locking block, sear, hammer, decocking lever, bearing, and spring. All of the other guts are gone. Sig has told me they would rebuild it back to OE spec but I'd much rather bring it up to current spec. I need to know if anyone has a list of the current gen parts that I will need and what parts I have that won't work. I know there was a change in the trigger hole a few years back but that's not an issue as my dad is a tv repair man, and he's got this ultimate set of tools. Other than that I'd think the whole project should just be acedemic, no?

Posts: 64 | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
A few that I can think of are: new hammer, hammer stop, hammer rebound spring, hammer strut, mainspring, mainspring base, sear spring. I suggest getting a new sear to go with the new hammer. I would leave the trigger as is.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The newer trigger feels better to my hand though so I think I'll probably swap it out anyway. I assume there is a newer/different trigger bar to go with the wider trigger, correct?

Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
If you currently have a narrow trigger, then isn't the hole in the frame too narrow for a wider one?

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is but I can fix that. I modded a P6 for a wide trigger for a customer a few years back so I can't imagine this would be all that different.

Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
A few that I can think of are: new hammer, hammer stop, hammer rebound spring, hammer strut, mainspring, mainspring base, sear spring. I suggest getting a new sear to go with the new hammer. I would leave the trigger as is.

This. Since the reinforced P220-1 (American) receiver pre-dates the rebound hammer safety, the parts GaryBF mentions will drop in. Unless you choose to do so, you don't need to upgrade the hammer strut, mainspring or mainspring base to the "new" style" since the rebound safety pre-dates these upgrades. Though I have never personally tried, I suspect the rebound hammer and related parts (hammer stop & hammer rebound spring) will also drop into an original P220 (Euro) receiver. (I recall SIG producing some P220 Euro's a few years ago with the new rebound hammer safety.) Don't monkey with a trigger replacement if it requires modifying the receiver. Top Gun Supply is your friend. Good luck.

Posts: 3488 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Instead of widening the frame for the trigger. Delta defense can mill down a p-sait to fit. I have one in my p-sait

I'm just a waste of bandwidth...
P220st
P220 sport
p226/mk25
p239
p228
sig mpx
sig556

Posts: 194 | Location: Deleware | Registered: August 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help guys. I went through my big box of old Sig parts and was able to scrounge everything I needed to finish this off. I'm planning on checkering it as well as a full work over now that its functional. I ended up using what I assume is an old 220 trigger (not sure) but I'm still thinking about widening that trigger hole as the thin trigger really doesn't feel good on the finger.

Picture of 64TI
posted Hide Post
Interested to know about your Sig parts box. Would you happen to have an extra magazine release spring that goes under the plate and helps the magazine release to work? If so how much can I PayPal for one. I took mine apart and the spring flew 6 miles from me. Thanks

"Buzzards got to eat, same as worms"

Posts: 785 | Location: Oklahoma City. Oklahoma | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post