SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Short Reset Trigger (SRT) question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Short Reset Trigger (SRT) question Login/Join 
posted
I have a P226 with a SRT. After dry firing in DA and manually racking the slide, the trigger moves 1/4" - 5/16" before resetting and then the trigger has 3/16"-1/4" take up before engaging the sear.

Is this trigger movement normal?

I am asking because in comparison to other Sigs with the SRT the described movement is greater.

Thanks

Posts: 128 | Location: NW Ohio | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
No, not normal. There was a change in the Short Reset Trigger (SRT) a few years ago. Originally the lower leg of the safety lever was shorter than the new version. The Trigger Bar could get caught under the short lever on occasion and this would cause a long reset as you experienced. The potential to short stroke the trigger was also there in live fire.

When installing the longer lower leg trigger, it is important to follow SIG's amended take down procedure, which is to decock as the slide comes forward to remove, when the slide reaches the "in battery" spot . . . then continue removal. Also be sure hammer is down, decocked, prior to installing the slide.

From left to right, non-SRT lever, original lever (that had problem), new lever:

Edit to add, it's also important to do the pencil test (dry fire straight up with pencil in barrel to observe pencil "lauch") after installing SRT. Better still is to test when FPB safety plunger unblock FP in relation to sear release. Some, especially older SIG's, will not have their FP completely clear after SRT installation - the new safety lever does not raise the plunger high enough on some guns.

I've made new safety levers with a slightly higher top "nub" on several of my SIGs.

Posts: 1299 | Location: Nevada, United States | Registered: April 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one or two guns with the shorter leg of the safety lever. Is is possible to buy the newer style longer leg to update my guns?

Sigs, Glocks and a couple others

Posts: 202 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
avoiding birthday parties
Picture of fjgiie
posted Hide Post
Here is a nice one in stock.

Lever #9

Posts: 1366 | Registered: March 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bumper-

Thank you for the information.

Posts: 128 | Location: NW Ohio | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post