SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Front sight on SIG 1911 Ultra Compact
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Front sight on SIG 1911 Ultra Compact Login/Join 
Picture of Sinjin
posted
I’m trying to figure out how to remove the front sight on my Ultra Compact 1911. It appears to have a roll/split pin driven down through the top of the sight and it doesn’t look like there’s a way to access the pin inside the slide.
Any help would be appreciated.

Sinjin

A warrior is a man of action, guided by reason and motivated by love!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.

Posts: 343 | Location: The Great Smoky Mountains of TN | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
I recently replaced the front sight on my Ed Brown 1911 and it also had a roll pin down through the top of the sight.

Hence I would assume you would do the same as I did. Meaning remove the slide and use a brass punch and drive the pin down into the slide. My new sight came with a new roll pin but I probably could have used the old one as well.

Posts: 3697 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post