SIGforum
Locking Lug removal

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/150601935/m/1430086724

July 22, 2017, 06:18 PM
Dakor
Locking Lug removal
I'm replacing the trigger in my P220 Stainless Elite and having a bear of a time removing the locking lug. I've already removed the takedown lever and trigger spring, but the locking lug won't budge. I've watched all the videos on YouTube demonstrating P-series trigger replacements and when they get to this step, EVERY video is conveniently edited because it's apparent the locking lug is not easily removed... particularly in the new Sigs. Question: What is the best method to remove the lug w/o damaging the pistol?
July 22, 2017, 06:39 PM
GaryBF
I believe you are referring to the locking insert, not locking lug. I have never seen one that was difficult to remove. Did you decock the action first?
July 22, 2017, 06:45 PM
Dakor
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
I believe you are referring to the locking insert, not locking lug. I have never seen one that was difficult to remove. Did you decock the action first?

Yes, the insert and I did forget to decock... thanks - that worked!
July 22, 2017, 07:33 PM
GaryBF
Reinstalling the locking insert is where it can get tricky. Smile
July 22, 2017, 08:39 PM
henryaz
quote:

That, and the trigger bar spring on the P320, are two of my least favorite tasks.

July 23, 2017, 04:38 PM
Dakor
quote:

The P220's wasn't too bad. My wife's P239 on the other hand was a chore, probably b/c of the slimmer frame profile.
July 24, 2017, 04:13 PM
Ian Douglas
I recently took down my SIGs for cleaning/lubrication for the first time in 8-9 years. It took me a few attempts at installing the locking insert to recall the trick of first rotating the trigger pin to align its notches with the insert. By the time I got to cleaning my third SIG, it all came back to me (and I re-did the first two. Smile )

Ian

"Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action." - Ian Fleming
July 28, 2017, 03:52 AM
Anush
Putting a little grease on the spring holds it in place as you slide the locking insert into the slide.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch