SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Locking Lug removal
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Locking Lug removal Login/Join 
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted
I'm replacing the trigger in my P220 Stainless Elite and having a bear of a time removing the locking lug. I've already removed the takedown lever and trigger spring, but the locking lug won't budge. I've watched all the videos on YouTube demonstrating P-series trigger replacements and when they get to this step, EVERY video is conveniently edited because it's apparent the locking lug is not easily removed... particularly in the new Sigs. Question: What is the best method to remove the lug w/o damaging the pistol?

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I believe you are referring to the locking insert, not locking lug. I have never seen one that was difficult to remove. Did you decock the action first?

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
I believe you are referring to the locking insert, not locking lug. I have never seen one that was difficult to remove. Did you decock the action first?

Yes, the insert and I did forget to decock... thanks - that worked!

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Reinstalling the locking insert is where it can get tricky. Smile

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:

That, and the trigger bar spring on the P320, are two of my least favorite tasks.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:

The P220's wasn't too bad. My wife's P239 on the other hand was a chore, probably b/c of the slimmer frame profile.

posted Hide Post
I recently took down my SIGs for cleaning/lubrication for the first time in 8-9 years. It took me a few attempts at installing the locking insert to recall the trick of first rotating the trigger pin to align its notches with the insert. By the time I got to cleaning my third SIG, it all came back to me (and I re-did the first two. Smile )

Ian

"Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action." - Ian Fleming

Posts: 547 | Location: MA | Registered: March 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Putting a little grease on the spring holds it in place as you slide the locking insert into the slide.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4250 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post