SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    226 Firing pin retaining pin
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

226 Firing pin retaining pin Login/Join 
Picture of Miataguy
posted
I have a P226 that I believe was manufactured in 1994. The firing pin retaining spring is broken, so I need to replace it. I bought on Original SIG replacement one listed on Midwest Gun works, SKU : PIN-12, but the diameter is too small and it falls out. Also, the old one has a zipper type seam as opposed to the straight roll pin.
Can anyone direct me to the correct replacement pin?

Posts: 186 | Location: Long Beach, CA. | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think these are what you need.

Inner Pin
Outer Pin

Posts: 71 | Location: TN | Registered: January 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Try pin-11 spiral for long extractor

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Miataguy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the advice, I have all of them on order now, hopefully one will work.

Posts: 186 | Location: Long Beach, CA. | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OP, if none of those pins work, please send me an email and I can help you out.

Posts: 826 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Miataguy
posted Hide Post
I finally had some free time to work on my 226.
It turns out that it was the Outer Pin (PIN-4) that I needed. Thanks for the helpful advice.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Miataguy:
I finally had some free time to work on my 226.
It turns out that it was the Outer Pin (PIN-4) that I needed. Thanks for the helpful advice.

Not sure if you only installed the outer pin, but the stamped slides require both the inner and outer pins. I’d replace both at the same time.

Posts: 71 | Location: TN | Registered: January 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post