SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Correct list of parts for a DAK conversion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Correct list of parts for a DAK conversion Login/Join 
Picture of Ghost-1
posted
Ok I have a DA/SA 226 I am wanting to convert to a DAK set up. I have been looking around here and online and I am trying to figure out which parts i need to get to do a complete conversion on my 226.

I think I have the list complete but I feel as though I might be missing something and want to make sure before I either start getting the parts one by one or if I can find a complete kit with all of the parts.

The list I have come up with is:
Hammer
Hammer strut
Main spring
Safety lever
Sear
Sear spring
Trigger bar

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Posts: 3235 | Location: USA | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
I haven't converted any - bought all my DAKs as DAKs - so I can't speak to the parts list.

One thing I would add to your list is grip panels. DAKs need a bit more clearance than regular grip panels provide. Recent thread showing the trigger reset issue caused by regular grips on a DAK

Some non-DAK grip panels are modifiable, if you are handy.

I got a set of wooden non-DAK grip panels I wanted to put on my P226 DAK some years ago, and it was showing the same symptoms shown in that thread when I first put them on. After finding out the issue, I Dremeled-out the clearance from the inside and all has been well since.

It took some iteration to get the clearance right but it was not hard.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Courtesy of Top Gun Supply:

Parts to convert from DA/SA to DAK
DAK Hammer
DAK Hammer Strut
DAK Mainspring (red)
DAK Safety Lever
DAK Sear
DAK Sear Spring
DAK Trigger Bar
Note: Not all frames are DAK compatible. If in doubt, call SIG SAUER Customer Service with your serial number. (603)772-2302 or check further down for photo's showing both types of frames.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ghost-1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
Courtesy of Top Gun Supply:

Parts to convert from DA/SA to DAK
DAK Hammer
DAK Hammer Strut
DAK Mainspring (red)
DAK Safety Lever
DAK Sear
DAK Sear Spring
DAK Trigger Bar
Note: Not all frames are DAK compatible. If in doubt, call SIG SAUER Customer Service with your serial number. (603)772-2302 or check further down for photo's showing both types of frames.

Ok thanks. I know they have to be the DAK parts and I posted pic's of my 226R a while back asking for clarification on my pistol being compatible.

As far as the grip panels I am going to run the E2 DAK grips on it as I have not found a set of grip panels that fit my hand better and make the gun feel better in my hand and that lets me get a good comfortable grip.

Here are the pic's I posted before asking if it was DAK compatible:

[URL=[url=https://flic.kr/p/21MfUV3]

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Posts: 3235 | Location: USA | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
I have only converted from DAK to DA/SA, and I know for that I also needed to get a hammer rebound spring. I'm not positive on this, but you may need to remove that from your DA/SA if converting to DAK.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JAFO:
I'm not positive on this, but you may need to remove that from your DA/SA if converting to DAK.

True.

Also, unless SIG decided to go completely retro with DA/SA guns, their sears have been made DAK-compatible for many years now. DAK-compatible sears have the extra scalloped cut seen here:

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ghost-1
posted Hide Post
Ok thanks I will look and make sure I get all of the parts just to be on the safe side as i have not taken my 226 apart yet.

posted Hide Post
I did a DAK to DA/SA conversion on a P226 .40 , 2 years ago. I have all the parts that you need and would sell them to you for $100 plus shipping if you think that is fair.

Posts: 144 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ghost-1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stargazer:
I did a DAK to DA/SA conversion on a P226 .40 , 2 years ago. I have all the parts that you need and would sell them to you for $100 plus shipping if you think that is fair.

Thanks for the offer and reaching out to me. It was good talking to you. Like I said on the phones I already found a kit and if I find a good deal on a 229R that is not DAK I will get back with you on your parts.

posted Hide Post
Ghost, I would be willing to buy the DA/SA parts from you if you want to sell them. I'm thinking of doing the exact opposite conversion.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
avoiding birthday parties
Picture of fjgiie
posted Hide Post
LOOK, DAK parts kit

You may already have a sear.

Posts: 1366 | Registered: March 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ghost-1
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the late response. I found a kit that someone had just took out of their 226.

Bulldog7972 thanks but I already did the swap and sold my Da/SA parts.