SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Best Shotgun Cleaning Brush - Need Help Locating
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Shotgun Cleaning Brush - Need Help Locating Login/Join 
Picture of MtnPlinker
posted
I'm an LE Shotgun Armorer. We have these rod/brushes laying around that work very well. All of my Google-Fu cannot find how to re-order. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The label says "HODGE-F-ORIGINAL" and "Choke & Chamber Brushes". My memory says there were out of New Jersey (but that is suspect Wink ).

This rod/brush combo is the only thing I've found which will hold up to cleaning 10 12 ga. barrels a week. This rod has a composite reinforced shaft and a 3" long bronze brush which is slightly over-sized.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Posts: 1962 | Location: Front Range CO | Registered: April 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I can’t tell from the photo what the overall tool looks like, but I use a Dewey nonrotating chamber rod for the purpose.

https://www.brownells.com/gun-...Manufacturer_1=DEWEY

Chamber brushes are available separately.

https://www.brownells.com/gun-...53311-1288-4883.aspx

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Slight thread drift:

sigfreund, what's yer opinion on the tornado brush I use in my Rem 870 Police model?

https://www.brownells.com/gun-...1020-9791-25289.aspx

FWIW I have two, the newest is 15 years old.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Tornado brushes are great, IMO, for cleaning smoothbores. My shotgun barrel actually gets limited cleaning (mostly because I use it so seldom), but I use an appropriately sized Tornado to clean revolver chambers. Long ago when my issued duty ammunition was 38 Special FMJ with sealed case mouths, the sealant would build up at the front of the chambers and was impervious to all the solvents I tried. I finally discovered the Tornado brushes, and I would just scrub them back and forth to remove the buildup. In time I no longer had that ammunition, but the brushes also work well to remove leading in the chambers.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It looks like Roger Furiness of RMF Products passed away in 2014. The following post lists the person who supposed bought his inventory and business:
Rodge-F bore brush information

Hope this helps...
Kevin

Posts: 130 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MtnPlinker
posted Hide Post
Thank you Kevin!

That's just what I was looking for.

Posts: 1962 | Location: Front Range CO | Registered: April 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post