SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P226 Torx Grip Screws

Moderators: Chris Orndorff
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 Torx Grip Screws Login/Join 
Picture of bob ramberg
posted
Does anyone know where I can find TORX type grip screws for my P226? I lost one at a match. These are not the hex head/allen head type.

I have tried Top Gun Supply and Brownells. I also did a Google search of the internet with no luck.

Bob
Carpe Scrotum

Posts: 955 | Location: Naperville, IL | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of giz55792
posted Hide Post
Gregcote.com or maybe contact SIG directly.

If breathing wasn't automatic, they'd be too stupid to do it.

Posts: 533 | Location: Virginia, MN | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Hogue sells hex head screws, but not Torx. I have only seen Torx used on the SIG P229.

Posts: 10537 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bob ramberg
posted Hide Post
my .40S&W P226 CPO came with them.

The Gregcote.com address does not work. Is it spelled correctly? Never mind, its gregcotellc.com, but he doesn't have it either.

Bob
Carpe Scrotum

Posts: 955 | Location: Naperville, IL | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hi-power man
posted Hide Post
Do you have a good local hardware in your area, not a Home Depot or Lowes. I can't speak about ACE, I've never been inside one their stores. I found a local hardware that carries every type screw I've ever looked for, in small drawers not bubble packs. Be sure to take one of the type you are looking for.

High capacity is not an acceptable substitute for good marksmanship.

Posts: 641 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nipper
posted Hide Post
For 8 bucks, I'd just get some Hogue hex head screws if you can't find Torx.

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/ho...87619baa8eb84302846b

Posts: 3562 | Location: Northeast | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bob ramberg
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nipper:
For 8 bucks, I'd just get some Hogue hex head screws if you can't find Torx.

That's my back-up plan but I thought I try to find the torx first.

Bob
Carpe Scrotum

posted Hide Post
P229 Torx fit fine on the P226

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 3029 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anush:
P229 Torx fit fine on the P226

I just verified that with my P229's Torx grip screws and two P226s.

Posts: 631 | Location: NOT Seattle, Washington | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bob ramberg
posted Hide Post
Anush and rh

Thanks for the info. I had given up hope.

Bob
Carpe Scrotum