Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

breech block Login/Join 
posted
Hi All,

I recently acquired a "parts gun" P226. The Slide is marked W. Germany. I was planning on rebuilding it on one of the matrix 80% frames(once I machined it obviously). Upon closer inspection of the parts, the breech block is cracked/bent. Is there a source for these anywhere?

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 29 | Location: Idaho | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I checked on Numrich, and they didn't have any listed for a 226. Are there any other models that would interchange? Mine is a 9mm.

The barrel looks fine, as does the slide. The frame has a broken portion of rail, but no bulging or damage in the locking area that would suggest a kaboom. No cracks or bulges.

There were 2 broken blocks with these parts, and no pins of any sort(or remnants). So I'm kinda thinking that they were some random bits that ended up with it. And with where I got it, that makes sense.

But since you brought it up, I'll take a second look at all that. You can't be too careful.

Posts: 29 | Location: Idaho | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mace2364:
I checked on Numrich, and they didn't have any listed for a 226. Are there any other models that would interchange? Mine is a 9mm.

The barrel looks fine, as does the slide. The frame has a broken portion of rail, but no bulging or damage in the locking area that would suggest a kaboom. No cracks or bulges.

There were 2 broken blocks with these parts, and no pins of any sort(or remnants). So I'm kinda thinking that they were some random bits that ended up with it. And with where I got it, that makes sense.

But since you brought it up, I'll take a second look at all that. You can't be too careful.

They appear to be hard to find, discontinued it seems. Top Gun Supply is out and has been for awhile. Numrich is so expensive and slow shipping. You might try ebay and some of the for sale pages like this and other sig forums. Breech blocks are pretty tough I would be interested to,know what might damage one. good hunting

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
https://www.midwestgunworks.co...mgwi/prod/34226032-R

Keep in touch with these guys. They may get some back in stock.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by striker1:
https://www.midwestgunworks.co...mgwi/prod/34226032-R

Keep in touch with these guys. They may get some back in stock.

MGW are good people, decent prices and ahip quickly.

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post