SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    I’d like to smooth out my DA pull on P220 Carry
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I’d like to smooth out my DA pull on P220 Carry Login/Join 
Picture of rockchalk06
posted
DA pull is stiff. Weapon has less than 200 rounds. I’m not necessarily looking to drop the weight at all, just smooth it out. It feels almost gritty feeling.

Would a light polishing on the hammer strut smooth things out at all?

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not able to give advise on stoning of the internals

But LOTS of dry firing has always given me good results

It just takes a while

RC

Posts: 1938 | Location: Indiana | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
Sometimes detail stripping, cleaning, and relubricating the internals can help with a gritty feeling. I've experienced that with the 226's I have used for matches. But the seat of the hammer strut and (to a lesser extent) the shaft that passes through the mainspring are places that you can lightly polish to help improve that as well.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barry1967
posted Hide Post
A dremel with a buffing pad and paste on anything that touches helps. You only want to polish, not remove material. Smooths things out.

More than a few, less than others!

Posts: 1199 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: June 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
If your not experienced you can do more harm than good. Best bet would to send to Robert Burke: "the Sig armorer" or send to Sig for action enhancement.

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JAFO:
Sometimes detail stripping, cleaning, and relubricating the internals can help with a gritty feeling.

Just doing what JAFO said makes a huge difference. There is a lot of dirt and preservative on the parts as they come from assembly. Clean, degrease and reassemble using plenty of TW25B or other good quality grease and the action will be noticeably better.

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I appreciate all the feedback and responses

posted Hide Post
Invest a little $$ and call The Sig Armorer. You'll be happy. I was.

Posts: 9 | Location: San Jose, CA | Registered: October 19, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Send it for an action job at Grayguns. You won’t regret it.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cummings Custom Refinishing
posted Hide Post
Sending it to Grayguns is a smart investment

Cummings Custom Refinishing offers Quality Craftsmanship at affordable prices. Fully Lic FFL's for over 30 years
OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED
423-639-8924
www.ccrrefinishing.com

Posts: 5208 | Location: Eastern Tn | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post