SIGforum
I’d like to smooth out my DA pull on P220 Carry

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/150601935/m/1000091544

August 01, 2018, 06:59 PM
rockchalk06
I’d like to smooth out my DA pull on P220 Carry
DA pull is stiff. Weapon has less than 200 rounds. I’m not necessarily looking to drop the weight at all, just smooth it out. It feels almost gritty feeling.

Would a light polishing on the hammer strut smooth things out at all?
August 03, 2018, 04:22 PM
RC
I am not able to give advise on stoning of the internals

But LOTS of dry firing has always given me good results

It just takes a while

RC
August 03, 2018, 04:35 PM
JAFO
Sometimes detail stripping, cleaning, and relubricating the internals can help with a gritty feeling. I've experienced that with the 226's I have used for matches. But the seat of the hammer strut and (to a lesser extent) the shaft that passes through the mainspring are places that you can lightly polish to help improve that as well.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates
August 06, 2018, 04:37 PM
rockchalk06
Thanks guys.
August 06, 2018, 07:31 PM
barry1967
A dremel with a buffing pad and paste on anything that touches helps. You only want to polish, not remove material. Smooths things out.

More than a few, less than others!

August 09, 2018, 06:46 PM
Greymann
If your not experienced you can do more harm than good. Best bet would to send to Robert Burke: "the Sig armorer" or send to Sig for action enhancement.
August 11, 2018, 01:56 PM
MWC
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JAFO:
Sometimes detail stripping, cleaning, and relubricating the internals can help with a gritty feeling.

Just doing what JAFO said makes a huge difference. There is a lot of dirt and preservative on the parts as they come from assembly. Clean, degrease and reassemble using plenty of TW25B or other good quality grease and the action will be noticeably better.

August 11, 2018, 05:56 PM
rockchalk06
Thanks guys. I appreciate all the feedback and responses
August 24, 2018, 06:36 PM
Psyco Dan
Invest a little $$ and call The Sig Armorer. You'll be happy. I was.
August 26, 2018, 11:32 AM
flesheatingvirus
Send it for an action job at Grayguns. You won’t regret it.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --
September 01, 2018, 11:18 AM
CCR
Sending it to Grayguns is a smart investment

Cummings Custom Refinishing offers Quality Craftsmanship at affordable prices. Fully Lic FFL's for over 30 years
OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED
423-639-8924
www.ccrrefinishing.com