SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    No, you can’t carry concealed weapons into our child-proofed, gun-free home
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
No, you can’t carry concealed weapons into our child-proofed, gun-free home Login/Join 
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Well...her sheltered family would be shocked walking into my house. All firearms except what I have in my pocket are locked but both my kids carry pocket knives and have access to my collection based on what they are doing / need. Both know how to shoot, the law regarding carrying pocket knives, etc. We even just ran through the what and why of a Pistol, Pistol brace (no shoulder?) and was great to see them both cock their heads and tell me some of this makes no sense - but it is the law and they follow it. They know the rules of gun safety (and practice them - even my son with his Nerf), and they know if someone wants to show them a gun or one is unsecured - they leave. My kids are safer for being educated, comfortable with the realities of the world, and protected by the weapons in our home.

This family is just setting themselves up as a serial victim and those kids will have some hard shocks when the real world hits them...

“Give them the third best to go on with; the second best comes too late, the best never comes.”

Robert Watson-Watt

Posts: 1022 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Report This Post