SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Gun control lesson from Venezuela...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun control lesson from Venezuela... Login/Join 
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted
Gosh, 100% gun Prohibition didn't make it an all-rainbows & unicorns utopia? Go figure Roll Eyes

Ought to be required reading...

https://www.foxnews.com/world/...e-defended-ourselves

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can assure you that the liberal, progressive democrats didn't learn anything from Venezuela or any other firearm banning country. I would venture to say that the democrats are doubling down on firearm confiscation. They are most likely taking direction from Bloomberg and/or Soros?

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cousin Vinnie:
I would venture to say that the democrats are doubling down on firearm confiscation.

If the Lib/Left are for gun control, then they are not against guns, because the guns will be needed to disarm people. So it’s not that they are anti-gun. They’ll need the police’s guns to take away other people’s guns. So they’re very pro-gun; they just believe that only the Government (which is, of course, so reliable, honest, moral and virtuous…) should be allowed to have guns. There is no such thing as gun control. There is only centralizing gun ownership in the hands of a small political elite and their minions.

Posts: 1892 | Location: KY | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have seen the term: "monopoly of force" used in various writings that endorse the possession of guns strictly by the powers that be, NOT the rest of us!

Posts: 165 | Registered: December 23, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Gun control - a firm grip, a clear and steady aim at your target and a smooth operation of the trigger. Followed up by, uh, a follow-through.

All else is unnecessary frippery.

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
The lesson I teach:

Who has guns?

Government - People - Criminals.

If the government passes laws to confiscate guns, who will turn them in?

The government will not.

The criminals will not.

The intent is to disarm the people.

Who will now be preyed upon with impunity by the other two groups.

Questions?

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Remember when Chavez built AK and other gun factories and handed about 500k of them to his people to prepare for the gringo invasion? Times have changed haven't they?

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1856 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Gun control.
The gun is silent...

(monkeymeme)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post