SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Legal? Shockwave?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Legal? Shockwave? Login/Join 
posted
While very familiar with all the rules regarding handguns and where and how you can travel with them not so much with a "rifle".

Would it be OK to have the Mossburg Shockwave with you when traveling to such states as say NY?

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
The www.NRAILA.org is a good resource to consult before traveling to other states with a firearm.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I can't speak to NYC but Shockwave's are legal in NY State. The city is it's own little thing.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I concur the shockwave types are legal in New York State ( again nyc is a whole other ball of wax) with the exception of a permitted handgun ( New York issued permit only no recognition of out of state permits of any kind!- and no the average non NY resident can not obtain a NY permit) you can not carry a firearm loaded in your vehicle either

Posts: 3268 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. I was not going to have the Shockwave loaded. More of thinking having it in a hotel room loaded. Unloaded and in the back of an SUV while traveling.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post