SIGforum
Legal? Shockwave?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/140601935/m/8770034354

February 14, 2019, 09:07 AM
SCfromNY
Legal? Shockwave?
While very familiar with all the rules regarding handguns and where and how you can travel with them not so much with a "rifle".

Would it be OK to have the Mossburg Shockwave with you when traveling to such states as say NY?

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________
February 14, 2019, 10:11 AM
AZSigs
The www.NRAILA.org is a good resource to consult before traveling to other states with a firearm.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor
February 23, 2019, 08:11 AM
mark60
I can't speak to NYC but Shockwave's are legal in NY State. The city is it's own little thing.
February 23, 2019, 10:01 PM
captain127
While I concur the shockwave types are legal in New York State ( again nyc is a whole other ball of wax) with the exception of a permitted handgun ( New York issued permit only no recognition of out of state permits of any kind!- and no the average non NY resident can not obtain a NY permit) you can not carry a firearm loaded in your vehicle either
February 24, 2019, 09:02 AM
SCfromNY
Thanks for the replies. I was not going to have the Shockwave loaded. More of thinking having it in a hotel room loaded. Unloaded and in the back of an SUV while traveling.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________