SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Legal? Shockwave?

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Legal? Shockwave? Login/Join 
posted
While very familiar with all the rules regarding handguns and where and how you can travel with them not so much with a "rifle".

Would it be OK to have the Mossburg Shockwave with you when traveling to such states as say NY?

Why are we encouraged not to judge all Muslims by the lunatics BUT are encouraged to judge all gun owners by the very few lunatics? Ironic?

Posts: 1518 | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
The www.NRAILA.org is a good resource to consult before traveling to other states with a firearm.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. FFL(01) NRA Endowment Member

Posts: 8443 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I can't speak to NYC but Shockwave's are legal in NY State. The city is it's own little thing.

Posts: 1881 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I concur the shockwave types are legal in New York State ( again nyc is a whole other ball of wax) with the exception of a permitted handgun ( New York issued permit only no recognition of out of state permits of any kind!- and no the average non NY resident can not obtain a NY permit) you can not carry a firearm loaded in your vehicle either

Posts: 2471 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. I was not going to have the Shockwave loaded. More of thinking having it in a hotel room loaded. Unloaded and in the back of an SUV while traveling.

Why are we encouraged not to judge all Muslims by the lunatics BUT are encouraged to judge all gun owners by the very few lunatics? Ironic?

Posts: 1518 | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post