SIGforum
Do PCCs require ATF approval?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/140601935/m/8430013834

February 26, 2018, 02:38 PM
RogB
Do PCCs require ATF approval?
I read somewhere (think it was on CZ website) that if the pistol has a 16" barrel with a collapsible shoulder stock it is up to the buyer to get approval if buyer intends to use the stock.

May have misunderstood. Anyone clear this up for me?

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself
February 26, 2018, 06:28 PM
911Boss
16” is legal. If it is under 16”, there is a problem as that would make it an SBR

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

February 27, 2018, 07:01 AM
RHINOWSO
Wut?
February 27, 2018, 07:06 AM
sigfreund
What’s a PCC?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
February 27, 2018, 07:12 AM
Edmond
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
What’s a PCC?

Pistol caliber carbine.

February 27, 2018, 07:14 AM
RogueJSK
quote:
Originally posted by RogB:
May have misunderstood.

You did.

If you could point us towards the exact wording that you read, we could probably explain what they were trying to say.

But as it is, what you've posted is not correct. A 16" barreled rifle has no restrictions on using a stock, collapsible or otherwise, regardless of whether it's chambered in a pistol caliber or not.
February 27, 2018, 08:35 AM
xwesler
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by RogB:
May have misunderstood.

You did.

If you could point us towards the exact wording that you read, we could probably explain what they were trying to say.

But as it is, what you've posted is not correct. A 16" barreled rifle has no restrictions on using a stock, collapsible or otherwise, regardless of whether it's chambered in a pistol caliber or not.

My guess is the wording is a bit lousy. Maybe the 16" barrels are the ones that have collapsible stocks, and the stocks themselves are not legal in several states without being pinned, so it is up to the buyer to ensure legality.

Short answer: Check the legality of the stock, the barrel length (16") isn't a problem.

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.
February 27, 2018, 08:53 AM
RogB
Found reference on CZ site

The CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol is legally classified by the ATF as a pistol, and is intended by CZ-USA to be used as a pistol. Under current federal law and ATF policy attaching a stock to this pistol – or attaching a device which is then used as a stock or intended to be used as a stock – constitutes the making of a short-barreled rifle which requires registration with ATF and the payment of the applicable tax. Users of the CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol bear the sole responsibility for ensuring their use of the firearm complies with all local, state, and federal firearms laws.

I understand now. CZ is referring to their pistol, not their PCC. Sorry for confusion.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RogB,

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself