SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Did I miss the memo on the Ohio Toll Road rest areas?

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Did I miss the memo on the Ohio Toll Road rest areas? Login/Join 
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted
Traveled the Ohio toll road this week for a class in WV. Stopping at one of the rest areas, I noticed a No Guns sign. Ohio statute states that firearms are prohibited in: "Government facilities that are not used primarily as a shelter, restroom, parking facility for motor vehicles, or rest facility and are not a courthouse or a building or structure in which a courtroom is located."

Stopping later before I entered PA, I again noticed the doors were signed as to prohibiting guns. I've traveled the toll roads dozens of times and no signs, in fact as late as a month ago.

Did I miss a memo? Did something change? Ohip peeps, help a brother out.

Posts: 10192 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Report This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
No answer yet? C'mon guys!

Posts: 1491 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Report This Post
On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Rest stops on toll roads always make me nervous.

My thought, although I do not encourage anybody to violate a law, "Concealed means concealed!. Don't ask, don't tell."

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 14443 | Location: Central Florida (near Orlando) | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Brad ,
This came up on MGO and I as I read it the consensus was it's OK to carry at the rest stop.
I'm thinking that having your CPL establishes your "lawful" carry if I read it correctly.

http://www.migunowners.org/for...&highlight=ohio+toll

Posts: 147 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: April 11, 2015Report This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by alinc100:
Brad ,
This came up on MGO and I as I read it the consensus was it's OK to carry at the rest stop.
I'm thinking that having your CPL establishes your "lawful" carry if I read it correctly.

http://www.migunowners.org/for...&highlight=ohio+toll

And the discussion on MGO hit on that the signs are new. They were not on the doors mid August.

Something changed.

Posts: 10192 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Report This Post