SIGforum
Shoulder or not?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/140601935/m/8020015064

August 31, 2019, 04:39 PM
shooter1201
Shoulder or not?
My LGS owner told me this afternoon that the BATFE has reversed it's 2017 decision re: shouldering AR pistols with braces. Have they?

I was paid $7.54/HR to go into harm's way so you didn't have to.
August 31, 2019, 05:19 PM
jljones
Yes. However, it was always one of those violations that as long as you did not do it sitting on a pallet of cocaine, you were going to be alright.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

September 13, 2019, 11:22 AM
SCfromNY
To be clear, does this mean it is acceptable to shoulder an AR pistol with a brace? I have an Springfield Saint AR Pistol with a brace and am curious.

Thanks.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________
September 13, 2019, 12:41 PM
Modern Day Savage
quote:
Originally posted by SCfromNY:
To be clear, does this mean it is acceptable to shoulder an AR pistol with a brace? I have an Springfield Saint AR Pistol with a brace and am curious.

Thanks.

New felony: ATF now forcing federal registration of popular short rifles
September 13, 2019, 01:19 PM
Ryanp225
Isn't it silly that we need to worry about what part of our body we touch to a piece of our property?
September 13, 2019, 09:12 PM
cslinger
quote:
Yes. However, it was always one of those violations that as long as you did not do it sitting on a pallet of cocaine, you were going to be alright.

That was hilarious!!

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."
September 14, 2019, 10:17 AM
jljones
quote:
Originally posted by SCfromNY:

Thanks.

Yes, you can shoulder a pistol brace at you local range without fear.

This is a boogeyman topic. A US Attorney wouldn't prosecute for an offense like this even it were illegal even in the most blue state. Because they would never get a conviction off of it.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

September 15, 2019, 08:23 AM
SCfromNY
Thanks for all the responses.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________
September 21, 2019, 06:50 PM
WCCPHD
The feds rarely enforce/prosecute gun laws unless they are in conjunction with other violations, hence the left's allegation that existing laws don't work and more must be passed.

They don't want laws enforced, they want guns banned.
September 22, 2019, 09:15 PM
hrcjon
I am completely confused by this thread. Yes the ATF changed how to measure guns with shoulder brace. But without a vertical foregrip its a nothing burger. and a vertical foregrip is stupid on its own.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”