SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Vermont has fallen.....
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vermont has fallen..... Login/Join 
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeNH:
Just come over to NH and buy them here. Magazines generally don't have production dates.

And while you're at it, vote out all the liberal trash in Montpelier including that rino governor.

I expect there'll be a lot of that. I don't know how the NH FFLs are going to handle it. Hopefully they will simply smile and take everyone's money and not try to police it. Or maybe provide a tongue-in-cheek "warning" about importing magazines.

Although, I suppose you could buy them as a gift for someone who can legally own them.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
He won the election by 52%.

I have a premonition he will lose by significantly more.

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Echtermetzger:
He won the election by 52%.

I have a premonition he will lose by significantly more.

Will the gun owners vote for the Demokratic candidate? Sometimes voters do not have good choices.

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
Don't know what the next gubernatorial race will look like. The Democrats that have run the state in the past have left gun control alone. It took a supposedly Republican governor to enable it.

First and foremost, it's the fault of the Legislature and there were Democrats who opposed the bills and voted against various provisions.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
Nothing further in the news lately.

FFLs are winding down to October 1, 2018 and hoping a legal challenge will be successful to at least suspend the law until settled or overturn it.

Business is brisk.

Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
Another aspect of the Law prohibits not only the ownership, sale, export, manufacture and so on of magazines above a certain capacity but also magazines that can be "readily... converted" to expand capacity.

It does not define "readily... converted" or stipulate whether the ability to convert is illegal whether or not they are "readily... converted" beyond the legal limit. It seems to banned the former.

Strictly speaking ANY magazine with a removable base plate is "readily... converted", which would mean that even magazines that are of the legal capacity, if they have removable base plates, are still illegal apart from those that are owned at the time of signing.

For example, I just bought a P320 Carry. The standard magazines are 14 rounds. However, they have removable base plates and +1 and +2 base plates as easily obtainable. Those same base plates can be used on both 13 round and 14 round magazines. In the former case, the resulting capacity is still under the limit, in the later +2 puts it over the limit. According to the law, just the ability to convert makes the magazines illegal.

The result is that I cannot, if I abide by the law, buy ANY magazines presently be made. Makers of replacement base plates either have to refuse to sell them to me or have me certify they will not expand the capacity above the limit.

Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
Some people are trying to point to a supposed loophole in the law in that it does not specifically say it applies to "Vermont" FFLs when saying they can sell existing inventory only until October 1, 2018 and cannot after that order or sell anything that is banned by the law.

I'm not sure what they think this buys them. I don't see it, but that is what is floating around.

Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWolf:
Don't know what the next gubernatorial race will look like. The Democrats that have run the state in the past have left gun control alone. It took a supposedly Republican governor to enable it.

First and foremost, it's the fault of the Legislature and there were Democrats who opposed the bills and voted against various provisions.

Now Sigwolf you know this can't possibly be true... from everything I read on the internet all Republicans are pro 2nd Amendment and for guns while all Democrats are just plane out commies out to overthrow the U.S.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
I wonder what might be the logic behind the different mag capacities for rifles and pistols.

I really think the liberals are making this stuff up as they go along. No sense to any of it.

they just take whatever they can, when they can. each action is a step toward the ultimate goal. take everything.

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoveEgg:
What Iwould happen to you if you put a 15 round magazine into a pistol caliber carbine?

That is actually a good question. The real question is can I buy 15 round pistol magazines which are legal if I am buying them for a pistol carbine for which 10 round magazines are the only ones legal.

Hypothetically, if I did not have any 9mm handguns and wanted to buy 15 round pistol magazines for my 9mm carbine, would I be able to?

If you already own them, fine, the question is whether because they are purchased for a pistol carbine would a legal magazine become illegal to purchase?

In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Seeing this news this morning that a Republican governor actually signed this abortion has left me infuriated. Simply infuriated. The jerkoff actually said he was doing it for the children. What a clueless imbecile. Enjoy your single term, traitor.

Respectfully, that's your problem right there....expecting anything different out of a R than a D. All politicians are, by their nature, slimy fuckwads, and not to be trusted. As long as we continue to hold our collective noses & vote for the lesser of two evils this shit will continue to spread like the cancer that it is. I'd go so far as to say that we're past the point where it's fixable via the ballot box. Drag 'em out of their ivory towers and publically hang every last one of them, then start over. It's good you still have some hope, I guess, but I don't. It all disgusts me to the point of nausea.

Posts: 1718 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What I have found absolutely lacking in any discussion around gun control is the so-called pro-2nds failure to address the rule of law.
The rule of law being Article 1, Section 8, Cls. 15&16, wherein the fact that the good People of this nation are recognized as the only authority "to execute the Laws of the Union" when they are formed into the body of Militia.
Militia being defined as every able-bodied man 17-45, with all others as reserve. There are a few of us who understood when Heller came out that it was a decision that would come back to haunt us, but the NRA claimed it was a victory. All it did was open the gate for the inevitable banning of any weapon through regulation. Read the decision carefully.
Its a sad state of affairs that the supposed pro-2nd community will die on the defective claim that the 2nd guarantees an "individual right", and that the first 13 words that the Founders deemed "necessary" mean nothing at all.

Posts: 246 | Registered: November 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post