Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Hi Login/Join 
posted
I am surprised no one has brought up the shooting in Las Vegas. While I am pro 2nd Ammendment I do believe something has to be done, but what.?

Stay safe,

Kevin

Posts: 697 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: July 13, 2001Report This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Combat Vet:
I am surprised no one has brought up the shooting in Las Vegas. While I am pro 2nd Ammendment I do believe something has to be done, but what?

Las Vegas shooting thread

It's currently at 71 pages.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3840 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Report This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am surprised no one has brought up the shooting in Las Vegas. While I am pro 2nd Ammendment I do believe something has to be done, but what.?

Stay safe,

Kevin

Why does something need to be done?

We don't even know what really happened yet. To say that "something" needs to be done already is to jerk one's knee without even know what you are reacting to.

The Second Amendment is clear. And once the Vegas thing all shakes out, I expect we will see that no new law would have changed the outcome.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am surprised no one has brought up the shooting in Las Vegas. While I am pro 2nd Ammendment I do believe something has to be done
How about a law making it illegal to shoot innocent people?

Oh, wait. I think we already have that.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30548 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Don't feed the libtard troll.

Posts: 5101 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Report This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
Why does something need to be done?

I had typed out much the same question as you did and then deleted it. I got a sense that the post was a bit of trolling.

Being pro 2nd but thinking something needs to be done don't go together in this situation. I would be interested in the op defending his point of view but I'm not sure he has one.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3840 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Report This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Why don't you tell us what needs to be done? Because from where I'm standing, in regards to guns and the Second Amendment, fuckall needs to be done. Crazy guy got a piece and shot up a packed concert, like the last time, and the time before that. Sounds to me like ee need to do something about crazies, not guns.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Report This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Skeptical guy ain't buying this post... no matter how cheap....

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
Don't feed the libtard troll.

Too obvious.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post