SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    New Gun Control Bills in Congress NOW 3/2/21
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Gun Control Bills in Congress NOW 3/2/21 Login/Join 
posted
biden has his gun control advocates working overtime and there are two new gun control bills in Congress as of today 3/2/21. Expect them to pass in the House probably within a week. Their fate in the Senate depends on whether the Senate keeps the filibuster. If Democrats do away with the filibuster, expect them to pass the Senate too. This is just the beginning.
One is HR1446 which will redo how the NICs process is handled.
The other is HR8 which is an enhanced gun registration bill which will lead effectively to universal gun registration.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/...bill/1446/text?q=%7B"search"%3A%5B"Enhanced+Background+Checks+Act"%5D%7D&r=1&s=1
https://www.congress.gov/bill/...se-bill/8/text?q=%7B"search"%3A%5B"hr8"%5D%7D&r=1&s=2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sBjLh57E-E&t=8s

Posts: 105 | Registered: November 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where in HR8 does it say anything about creating a registry? In fact, the text specifically says:

Nothing in this Act, or any amendment made by this Act, shall be construed to—

(1) authorize the establishment, directly or indirectly, of a national firearms registry; or

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
Your facts aren’t welcome here.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37082 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
^^^^^^^^

There's always an Arquillian Battle Cruiser, or a Corillian Death Ray, or an intergalactic plague that is about to wipe out all life on this miserable little planet...

Posts: 2452 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
The democrats wouldn't lie.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DennisM:
quote:
^^^^^^^^

There's always an Arquillian Battle Cruiser, or a Corillian Death Ray, or an intergalactic plague that is about to wipe out all life on this miserable little planet...

If you guys think that this is something that should just be thrown aside and ignored, you should realize that on the subject of gun control, Democrats don't give up. They will continue to whittle away with seemingly unimportant gun bills until they some day reach their goal.
Hopefully they will never reach their objective, but just the fact that their attack is just now starting under biden and a Democrat majority Congress should have the attention of all gun owners. Too many times people ignore things, thinking that it will never happen to them, then one day it does. These bills are just the first salvo.
All I'm saying is that we should be nipping this in the bud and fighting all attempts to infringe on our gun rights, even in bills like these. Once gun haters get their foot in the door, it's much easier to push their agenda, and we can't always depend on the Supreme Court to protect us. Just look at all of the infringements on gun rights on the state level have been increasing now that Democrats have power.
It's better to be proactive and act now by calling your Congressmen and letting them know you object these bills, than it is to be reactive once they are passed.

Posts: 105 | Registered: November 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
My wife is on an e-mail campaign to every congress person when the democrats put up a new pork bill. Like they personally read the messages. Roll Eyes

Sometimes she gets a generic message back about how diligent they are thinking about what's best for the country. BS!

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^^^^^^

You don’t have to read them or respond.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rlbuzz:
quote:
Originally posted by DennisM:
quote:
^^^^^^^^

If you guys think that this is something that should just be thrown aside and ignored, you should realize that on the subject of gun control, Democrats don't give up. They will continue to whittle away with seemingly unimportant gun bills until they some day reach their goal.
Hopefully they will never reach their objective, but just the fact that their attack is just now starting under biden and a Democrat majority Congress should have the attention of all gun owners. Too many times people ignore things, thinking that it will never happen to them, then one day it does. These bills are just the first salvo.
All I'm saying is that we should be nipping this in the bud and fighting all attempts to infringe on our gun rights, even in bills like these. Once gun haters get their foot in the door, it's much easier to push their agenda, and we can't always depend on the Supreme Court to protect us. Just look at all of the infringements on gun rights on the state level have been increasing now that Democrats have power.
It's better to be proactive and act now by calling your Congressmen and letting them know you object these bills, than it is to be reactive once they are passed.

Classic reference. Men in Black.

There is always (echo… always…. always… always… always…always…) a gun control bill pending in the House and in the Senate. Always. Every single minute of every session since about 1975. So these bills aren’t the “first salvo.” They’re some of the more recent potshots in a 45-year pattern of drive-by shootings. Some actually gain traction. Better than 99% gain zero. Virtually none rate any kind of hysteria, because most have zero chance of passing in a Congress controlled by either party.

Since I’m old enough to remember both the ’86 FOPA and the ’94 AWB, I fully realize that we need to be aware.

Since I’m old enough to remember all of the measures that DIDN’T pass, I also fully realize that panic is generally not warranted.

Want legitimate cause for panic? Look at the myriad diaper-stain gun bills winding their way through state legislatures.

My Member of Cogress and U.S. Senators don't give a damn about my views (how do I know this for sure? Simple. I live in New Jersey.) But my state legislators do, because a few hundred votes either way can make a difference in THEIR set-for-life, pensioned existences.

Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:
^^^^^^^^

You don’t have to read them or respond.

I think you misunderstand. I'm betting he agrees with you.

I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
Two passed the house today...

https://bearingarms.com/camedw...d-gun-control-n42021

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-qV76hcOyg

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
This is bad and only the beginning. Contact Joe Manchin and ask him to keep the filibuster. It’s our only chance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ruger357,

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post