SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    "High Capacity Mag" ban bill introduced in Washington state
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"High Capacity Mag" ban bill introduced in Washington state Login/Join 
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted
HB 1068

Of course it's at the request of that fuckface Bob Ferguson.

Some highlights include limiting where they can be possessed, not on the list is loaded in your pistol while you're carrying. Yeah, no, gotta keep your standard caps back at home while out and about.

Comment on it here.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Good luck. I expect the same or worse here in Illinois. New governor is democrat who in the past ran for office and wanted a total ban on any and all handguns in Illinois. State house and senate have democrat super majorities. There are a lot of gun control bills already waiting to vote on and I am sure they will come up with more now. Illinois has over 100 counties and just a few control the agenda for the whole state now.

Posts: 9727 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rock-N-Ruin
posted Hide Post
Damn, I'm getting sick of this shit.. Wyoming is looking really good..

Posts: 243 | Location: Wa. | Registered: August 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
Of course it's at the request of that fuckface Bob Ferguson.

So can we just refer to the AG as Fucky McFuckface?

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
If people think 'That'll NEVER pass,' they're only deluding themselves. Look know further than Boulder, CO.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG2c7vbJXxg

Folks need to start doing a lot more than venting in echo chambers on forums. Unless you want to be like Mr. Caldara, you better start writing your legislators and supporting Pro-2A organizations.

BOSS

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I fear that “they” ha ve been emboldened by the abortion that is I-1639. It can’t be challenged fast enough.

I bought my long wanted, but never a priority, M1A in response to 1639. Just got my P229 Legion SAO, now that they have actually hit the streets.

Now switching to stockpiling mags for both as well as moar AR mags and ammo for everything.

Hopefully I have less than 5 years left in this state, I fear it’s downward spiral has begun.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10903 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
I fear that “they” ha ve been emboldened by the abortion that is I-1639. It can’t be challenged fast enough.

I bought my long wanted, but never a priority, M1A in response to 1639. Just got my P229 Legion SAO, now that they have actually hit the streets.

Now switching to stockpiling mags for both as well as moar AR mags and ammo for everything.

Hopefully I have less than 5 years left in this state, I fear it’s downward spiral has begun.

They most certainly are emboldened. They are 3-0 when it comes to gun control initiatives. WA is falling as other states are...the large urban areas which are overrun with homelessness and drug problems are 'running' the state. As you probably know, the vast majority of WA and OR are GREAT outdoor states with ALOT of outdoor/hunter types.

But a lot of out-of-state transplants in combination with big out of state $$ and very successful smear/defamation campaign against the NRA/law-abiding-gun owners is tightening the noose. Look at the coverage following 1639's 'passage.' The gleefulness with which the NRA was denounced. Um, that's like 4-6 Million law-abiding citizens you're smearing there folks.

As to 1639, it NEVER should have been on the ballot...it's most certainly being ramrodded through. First the Sec. of State allowed flawed signatures to be accepted (nothing she could do Roll Eyes Frown). Then the judge rightful threw out the signatures. But oh no, the WA Supreme Court overturned that on some sort of premise that it wasn't 'ripe' for review. So the people got to vote on it, and low & behold, they magically were able to scrape enough votes to beat the ~1.25 Million 'No' votes (400K more No's than the last gun control initiative) despite very little proactive advertising and 4-5 law enforcement organizations opposing it. Confused Lawsuits are pending, but those are being delayed...gotta have 'standing...ie it actually has impact someone, ie. go into effect...' swell.

So now, as predicted, the will of the people has spoken, and that will be all the court(s) need to let it stand. The other massive legal flaws (which should have kept it off the ballot all together) will be brushed aside as 'technicalities.' But 1639 was more about being a 'rung' than the final increment, particularly with creating the definition of the 'semi auto assault rifle.' So even if it were rightly dismissed in its entirety, with the dims in control in Olympia, 1639's is far less relevant. It was a means to a higher objective. Look no further than Kingcountycantwait.org.

Hopefully what's going on will get ALOT of the Fudds and moderates off the fence, particularly what's happening in OR. That would DIRECTLY effect a lot of folks who would gladly throw evil 'semi-auto assault rifle' owners under the bus because they could still have their duck or trap/skeet shotties. They're now in the crosshairs as well, which will hopefully wake them up to what they've been warned about 'Your turn in coming...' No, they're not going to leave you alone...after you've served your purpose of being a 'gun owner who supports common sense gun control (as long as I can keep my hunting guns), you'll be next. And so it will go.

EVERYBODY in the PNW better start getting actively involved (beyond taking care of themselves)...writing legislators, going to rallys when they can, donating to their pro 2A organization of choice...or we're going to be facing similar circumstances/choices as Mr. Caldara.

Donate, participate, support, get involved.

BOSS

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We need to wake up , its all coming if we let it .

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post