SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Confiscate all guns from all registered Democrats!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Confiscate all guns from all registered Democrats! Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
We should be able to use red flag laws, Universal background checks (gun registration) and common sense firearms safety legislation to accomplish this.

Just registered Democrats.

The idea seems totally reasonable and do-able to me.

I'm going to run this idea past a few of my left-leaning friends and acquaintances, and see what kind of feedback I get.

Posts: 15884 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To prevent gun control, you're advocating using partisan politics and gun control to selectively deny constitutional rights to those who disagree with you?

Thought that out, much?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17101 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
To prevent gun control, you're advocating using partisan politics and gun control to selectively deny constitutional rights to those who disagree with you?

Thought that out, much?

I agree with you and have a counterproposal to the OP's suggestion:

A VOLUNTARY return of all guns by Democrats.

Let's see how many of the Dems in Chicago/etc. turn them in.

Posts: 3714 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is more than enough data/studies that prove that the majority of firearm homicides in America occur in the small fraction of areas that contain concentrated Democrat voters. If one's goal is to reduce firearm homicides, then does it make more sense to spend time, money, and political capital to restrict everyone's Constitutional rights when the majority of the problem is restricted to a small subset of the population (Democrats)?

Posts: 1892 | Location: KY | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGSense:
There is more than enough data/studies that prove that the majority of firearm homicides in America occur in the small fraction of areas that contain concentrated Democrat voters. If one's goal is to reduce firearm homicides, then does it make more sense to spend time, money, and political capital to restrict everyone's Constitutional rights when the majority of the problem is restricted to a small subset of the population (Democrats)?
i completely agree with you, NewYork, CA, Washington and Florida. Sadly confiscating guns from these people will also mean doing the same for everyone else and i honestly democrats voters gun owners would mind to give up their guns.

Posts: 109 | Location: Fort Wayne, IN. | Registered: February 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post