SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    German man not fit for firearms license after being shot by own dog: court
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

German man not fit for firearms license after being shot by own dog: court Login/Join 
Picture of fpuhan
posted
I almost posted this in the Lounge, as it's almost too funny to be true.

Link to story

A German man has been deemed unfit to keep his firearms license after being shot by his dog in the arm, according to reports.

A Munich administrative court on Tuesday dismissed his appeal against an earlier ruling that revoked his license and hunting permit. The man – whose name was not released – was wounded in his arm in 2016 after his dog managed to release the trigger of a rifle left in his car.

The court felt he was unreliable ”because it must be assumed that he will handle firearms and ammunition carelessly in future as well."

It was not clear if he would appeal the latest verdict.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
They just transferred the license to the dog which is only right.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I had to open this thread because the title had to be a misprint...

I think I might just agree with the court on this one.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m not for taking away firearms, but in some circumstances maybe they are right lol

Posts: 1299 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
So does that count as an AD or an ND?

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBird679:

Or a good shoot on the part of the dog?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37082 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Did the dog hit him where he was aiming?

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBird679:

Negligent, to be sure. If it were me though, I'd think that I would learn a lesson from it and be a lot more careful in the future. I think the court overreacted a bit.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kampfhamster
posted Hide Post
Keeping a rifle loaded can get him into trouble as well, unless he has a hunting license.

They have to be transported unloaded.

So this might have been the reason why he lost his license.

The citizen watches the watchman, not the taxpayer.

Posts: 765 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: September 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kampfhamster:
They have to be transported unloaded.

Colorado has a similar law about loaded rifles in motor vehicles.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post