SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Illinois democrats trying for more gun and magazine bans
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Illinois democrats trying for more gun and magazine bans Login/Join 
Picture of grumpy1
posted
The democrats in Illinois have proposed more gun bans including magazine limits and bans on semi automatic center fire rifles. I am sure they are hoping to get a few more weak kneed republicans to go along with them this time due to recent events.

If you live in Illinois here is the link to the NRA-ILA take action page.

https://www.nraila.org/article...-control-legislation

http://wvik.org/post/after-las...odest-major#stream/0

"Meanwhile, in Illinois, state Rep. Marty Moylan, D-Des Plaines, filed a much broader gun-control package (House Bill 4107).

It’s basically a gun-control advocate’s wish-list: banning not just bump stocks, but also high-capacity magazines, .50-caliber rifles, and the sale of so-called assault weapons. (Currently owned semi-automatic rifles could be kept by their owners, but many would have to be registered with the Illinois State Police.)

These ideas have been introduced before, but failed to get enough support to pass.

An Illinois-based representative of the National Rifle Association declined to comment. Moylan and Davis did not respond to requests for comment."

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am so sick of this state.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
I am so sick of this state.

I love across the river but shoot at a range near Rock Island. If the bill passed, I'd have to find another place to shoot my ARs.

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish I could move to Iowa or Wisconsin, but I can't convince the S/O. Not that she loves it here, but at our ages it's tough to change.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I want to get out an am retired but wife plans on working another six years plus with her family around here I doubt it will ever happen. Our real estate values here just suck too and property taxes are high. Most the rest of the country are at all time highs for real estate while around here houses are still 15-20 percent below all time highs of 2007-2008 and are taking a long time to sell. Wife wants to put money into house for some remodeling but I told her why fix up a sinking ship.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
The democrats in Illinois have proposed more gun bans including magazine limits and bans on semi automatic center fire rifles.

I saw The Dick Durbin on CSPAN today saying, "I support the Second Amendment." Roll Eyes

So it's all good. He's got our backs....

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Every democrat supports the Second Amendment, but they don't believe it is an individual right. Roll Eyes

But they can never explain why the Second Amendment is in the Bill of Rights.