SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    John Lott's take on the march 23, 2018 "spending bill"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

John Lott's take on the march 23, 2018 "spending bill" Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion...ans-in-congress.html

Congressional Republicans are jeopardizing the Second Amendment rights of 4.2 million senior citizens. At the same time, they have voted to funnel tens of millions of dollars to gun control organizations and support other actions that Democrats will love.

All of this is wrapped up in the giant $1.3 trillion spending bill that the House of Representatives approved Thursday on a 256-167 vote and sent to the Senate ...

"Republicans who value the Second Amendment have given up a lot. The millions of Americans who believe in the amendment and who believe in our right to self-defense and to defend our families now have reason to be concerned."

Posts: 15847 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sigman88
posted Hide Post
This has already been pushed through the senate (last PM) and the president has already Stated that he will sign it this morning. :-(

I miss stated earlier. Trump has not signed it yet but stated that he planed to.

See video. https://www.c-span.org/video/?...mnibus-spending-bill

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sigman88,

Posts: 439 | Location: PNW | Registered: January 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Heard last evening about this on Levin. Parts of this bill are from obama era and irreversible. Being as its said noone read the bill, the list of Republicans who voted no on it is small, its fair to say the GOP is gone. I actually thought President Trump was going to Veto. I will get Levins take on it tonight.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Heard last evening about this on Levin. Parts of this bill are from obama era and irreversible. Being as its said noone read the bill, the list of Republicans who voted no on it is small, its fair to say the GOP is gone. I actually thought President Trump was going to Veto. I will get Levins take on it tonight.
Explain to me how any legislation is "irreversible." Roll Eyes

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:
Explain to me how any legislation is "irreversible." Roll Eyes

Weak willed or duplicitous "Republicans" and their long-game, never wavering commie counterpart democrats.

You're unaware of their impact, right? Roll Eyes

Posts: 15847 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
So again, show me what makes any legislation irreversible. Your opinion of various politicians does not do anything to backup up the claim that any legislation meets the definition of "irreversible."

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post