SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Culpeper, VA 2A Sanctuary County Info- Call to Action
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Culpeper, VA 2A Sanctuary County Info- Call to Action Login/Join 
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted
The 2A resolution PASSED unanimously!!!

The boardroom, with about 80 seats and occupancy load of 110, was standing room only and the lobby was packed as well. I'm guessing about 200 people showed up!

Several board members were expected to oppose the motion going into this. A number of board members made comments strongly in support of the resolution. One that was expected to oppose it actually made one of the statements in support.

The resolution was read into the minutes of the meeting and was written by the county attorney. It started out with the code sections that outline the duties of elected officials and their oath of office. The resolution was amended to call Culpeper County a Constitutional County instead of a Sanctuary County.

Our Sheriff also addressed the board. He drew on the words of Henry Lee, IIRC, that the militia is every able bodied person and said citizens have to deal with whatever situation that faces them, until law enforcement arrives. In best case scenarios, that would be minutes, but in a rural county, it can be much longer. He went on to say that he is sworn to uphold the law, but if necessary, he would deputize anyone who can pass the background check as an auxiliary deputy. He said he also has the power to deputize anyone in the state who can pass the background check. Auxiliary deputies are expected to volunteer 8 hours of service a month to the county.

This is a start. We need to stay engaged! Attend Board of Supervisors meetings in nearby jurisdictions, if you can.

THANK YOU to everyone who turned out for Culpeper's 1000 meeting!

At the 1900 meeting, about 150 people showed up. The Sheriff spoke again and reiterated what he said this morning. Several people spoke to thank the board for approving the resolution. One leftist spoke and spouted off some of their typical talking points. Another person spoke who sounded to be pro 2A until the very end of his comments when he made some anti remarks. Once the public comment period was closed, many people left. So there was not any showing by the opposition to speak of.

Remember, this week there are a number of Board of Supervisors meetings. If yours is having one, or two, ATTEND!

If you don't know if your county/ city is having one this week, CHECK!

Culpeper County 2A is a group of gun owners working to counter the proposed VA legislation.

I will do my best to keep this thread updated as to this meeting and future events.

PLEASE, do not post anything in this thread that could get it locked!

Government officials to contact:

Ask the Commonwealth Attorney to support the 2A resolution that the Board passed and the Sheriff supports.

COMMONWEALTH ATTORNEY
Paul Walther
pwalther@culpepercounty.gov
(540) 727-3441

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 10-7 leo,

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am in Fauquier County. I know the VCDL is working on this. I understand they are swamped with emails. I would be very interested in helping anyway I can in Fauquier. Also carpooling to Lobby Day or help as needed.

Posts: 617 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Ironworker, as you indicated Lobby Day is critical this year.

I think your Board of Supervisors is having a meeting soon, to include a sanctuary resolution. Check out their schedule and show up to their meeting, if possible. Most every county is having a meeting about this issue.

Email, or call, your supervisor, Sheriff and Commonwealth Attorney. Each plays a vital part in preventing the abolition of our rights.

Thanks for your support!

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Used to live in your neck of the woods and have some fond memories of my first gun shows, LGS visits, and some great days shooting all those years ago.

Keeping in mind that gun owners in Virginia are just the latest in a long line of states that have already gone through (and continue to see) these types of Second Amendment violations, I really hate to see the types of gun control laws heading your way.

Unfortunately too many gun owners in states that have, until now, been fortunate enough to avoid such laws have been slow to react or organize, instead looking at those of us already living in states that have such egregious laws as fools or deserving of such infringements...and acting as though such laws could never actually be passed in their own state.

It is past time that gun owners pick up their heads and look around and realize that the tsunami of gun control fanaticism that hit other states will eventually hit their own state...and organize and act accordingly.

Any gun owner who doesn't join both national and state level Pro-2A organizations, attend local meetings and rallies, contact their elected reps on the various issues, and vote is either lazy, a fool, or both.

It is long past time that gun owners unite and organize, and oppose not only federal legislation but state level gun control...and we should be united in opposing gun control measures outside our own respective states...an infringement is an infringement no matter where you live.

Although I live in a state that has passed a series of gun control measures in recent years (with more likely coming due to the Progressive Left control of the legislature and Goveror's seat) the majority of our counties have voted to become 2A sanctuary counties, openly defying the state laws. Several of our county sheriffs, especially the rural ones, have sided in favor of defending the 2A, and actively doing so in a number of ways from filing law suits, testifying in court proceedings opposing such laws, encouraging county commissioners to oppose state level gun control laws and advocating that the county become a 2A sanctuary county. I attended one fund-raising rally in which our sheriff and county commissioners actually handed out door prize standard capacity AR mags (donated by Magpul) to drawing winners just weeks before our magazine capacity restriction went into effect.

It is imperative that you let your Virginia sheriffs and town and county leaders know where you stand and ask them to attend, participate, and speak at your fund raisers and rallies.

I would also encourage you to talk to gun owners in other states who have already experienced these types of gun control laws and inform yourselves as to actual legislative wording, what tactics have failed and what has worked.

Don't let these laws pass without giving 'em one hell of a fight.

I know some angry concerned gun owners in your area and will be passing on a link to this thread, and encouraging them to attend.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Thanks for spreading the word M D Savage!

I'll pass along your suggestion about contacting others who have been successful and gone through this.

Sic Semper Tyrannis

That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I'm sad, dismayed, and angry, to see what is happening to my fellow gun owners in America.

God damn communist MFers!!

I am almost certain that Florida follows Virginia to solid blue in the next 2 election cycles.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
Please follow-up with the meeting results.

Good luck!

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Update in OP on the Board of Supervisors meeting.

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
I was holding off on commenting here on the results while waiting for a friend of mine to update me on the meeting. I was hoping he would get back to me that night after the meeting, but only just now heard back from him.

He attended the 19:00 meeting along with his son. The crowded boardroom forced them to stand in the lobby. He was ready to speak in support of the Second Amendment, but as the board had already voted and there wasn't much, if any, opposition, he didn't think his comments were needed.

Sounds like you have a great sheriff so remember to shake his hand and thank him.

Congratulations on your victory and thanks for the update!

Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
There is a petition circulating to recall northam.

You can also send a message to northam's office .

Sic Semper Tyrannis