SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Proposed NYS bill
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Proposed NYS bill Login/Join 
Picture of SheepdogIHSV
posted
NY state senator Kevin Parker has introduced a bill that if passed would require a proposed gun buyer to surrender his social media accounts and passwords to the NYSP. The NYSP would then check the social media for any possible "hate speech". If any is found, the purchase would be denied. The question remains, who determines what speech is hateful.

http://republicbroadcasting.or...fore-buying-firearm/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SheepdogIHSV,

Luke 22:36

Posts: 87 | Registered: December 16, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone actually think this will stop at gun buying? Once enacted I'm sure NY will think it will be a fine idea to check the Social Media of "current" gun owners to see if they should continue to own their guns.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
I don't have a twatter, instascam, etc. account. If I tell them I don't have any, what are they going to do? Deny me outright?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SheepdogIHSV
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SheepdogIHSV:
On a recent trip back to upstate NY I carried my P239 357 Sig with an inserted 8 round magazine and 3 extras in order to be in compliance with NYS 10 round magazine restriction.

While there, I met up with several former co-workers. I was then informed that if I entered any of several cities (Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse) I would have to remove 3 rounds from each magazine in order to comply with local city ordinances which restricted magazine capacity to 5 rounds.

One can only wonder what these Liberal pukes will come up with next. I guess if I were still a NY resident, this post would be enough to get me denied a handgun purchase.

Luke 22:36

Posts: 87 | Registered: December 16, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
On a recent trip back to upstate NY I carried my P239 357 Sig with an inserted 8 round magazine and 3 extras in order to be in compliance with NYS 10 round magazine restriction.

While there, I met up with several former co-workers. I was then informed that if I entered any of several cities (Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse) I would have to remove 3 rounds from each magazine in order to comply with local city ordinances which restricted magazine capacity to 5 rounds.

One can only wonder what these Liberal pukes will come up with next. I guess if I were still a NY resident, this post would be enough to get me denied a handgun purchase.

Too many NY gun owners are misinformed or not well enough informed. There never was a 5 round limit. The NY safe act limited us to 7 in a mag and the courts said they had to allow us 10. The law was never amended so the 7 round BS was apparently still in effect but recently in Erie County (Buffalo) the DA said he had no problem with 10 rounds.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
This is the same asshole that apparently has an anger management issue himself. Typical leftist asshole.
--------------------------

Democrat State Senator Kevin Parker’s Suggestion to Woman: ‘Kill Yourself’

New York State Senator Kevin Parker, a member of the Democrat, told a woman on Twitter to kill herself, Tuesday. He apparently became enraged when she pointed out he parked his car in a bike lane.

Parker then deleted the tweet and apologized, posting, “I sincerely apologize. I used a poor choice of words. Suicide is a serious thing and should not be made light of.”

Despite apologizing to Giove, Parker continued to attack her on Twitter, claiming she was on “the wrong side of history.”

Twitter users quickly called for Parker’s resignation from the State Senate, with many expressing disbelief over his comments.

According to Gothamist, Parker “is known for having something of a temper,” and the state senator has previously been involved in several violent incidents.

“The [New York] Times wrote about several incidents involving him, saying he had ‘toxic’ anger,” Gothamist reported, adding that incidents have included him punching a traffic officer, attacking a New York Post photographer, and assaulting an aide before smashing her glasses.

Parker’s comment on Twitter goes against Twitter’s rules, which state users may not “wish for the serious physical harm, death, or disease of an individual,” or “promote or encourage suicide or self-harm.”

Twitter also prohibits “abuse” on the platform, which it defines as “the targeted harassment of someone,” and “an attempt to harass, intimidate, or silence someone else’s voice.”

As of this writing, Parker has not lost his verification or had his account suspended.

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...woman-kill-yourself/

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/9680012054

Just yesterday NY Senator Kevin Parker tweeted "Kill Yourself!" to a GOP Staffer that called him out re: misuse of an Official Parking Placard....I wonder if that qualifies as 'Hate Speech' in New Yorkistan?? Roll Eyes

ETA - Apparently typing speed is not one of my God given talents! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8787 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post