SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    States essentially wanting to steal private property
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

States essentially wanting to steal private property Login/Join 
posted
If a Ste wants people to turn in any item whether it be firearms or any or thing. They should have to pay full retail value of said item.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Posts: 4 | Location: Packwood, WA | Registered: July 23, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Retail value is never the same price as Freedom.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
How about when states want to steal private property, they don't? And when they do, the owners of that property resist, violently, if necessary?

"The Man came and took my shit, and stomped all over my rights doing it, but I got $500 so it's cool!"

No. Eat my asshole with butterscotch and a cherry on top, no. I don't care what Sideshow Bob Ferguson says, or does, I'm sick and tired of being blamed and punished for the actions of other people. So I will not be registering anything, I will not be turning anything in, and they can take their "compensation" to Hell with them.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flyman98:
If a Ste wants people to turn in any item whether it be firearms or any or thing. They should have to pay full retail value of said item.

Not up to speed on such stuff, but as an example... Bump stock buyback...$150...

https://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/def....aspx?cite=43.43.920

Currently unfunded and expires January 1, 2020.

Posts: 607 | Location: Washington State | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
This is part of the 'package' in WA., and as with just about all, if not all, it seems to be clearly unconstitutional (seizure).

SB5340 essentially says that just about any semi-auto rifle will need to be registered and it will only be allowed to be transferred to a FFL or LEO.

I'm sure that folks that have ZERO options other than to hand things over would be treated totally fair.

Rhetorical question of course, but how at all can that even be close to legal? Once again, its the vilification of law-abiding gun owners. If it were ANYTHING else...your house, your car, your jewelry and this kind of legislation was being proposed, people would be up in arms. 'OK, when you die, your house & car have to be forfeited to the government. Cool?' People absolutely would NOT stand for it (yet).

But 'oh, evil gun owners, that's ok, because its for safety.'

The cycle intolerance being accepted because of a false vilification. Tolerance is not just accepting things you agree with, its accepting things you don't. And many scream for it...until its THEIR turn.

The hope of hopes is that the legislation in WA is so bad...registration, forfeiture, fall of pre-emption (among others) that whole lot of folks wake up and make their voices heard in the next few weeks.

If you're in WA (or OR), or know people that are, you better be getting involved and supported (see other WA links).

Because like being on a railroad track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.

BOSS

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a current case before the SCOTUS relating to property rights.

https://pacificlegal.org/case/...wnship-pennsylvania/

Here is some prior SCOTUS decisions relating to private property rights.

https://billofrightsinstitute....ate-property-rights/

Posts: 186 | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
Eat my asshole with butterscotch and a cherry on top

While this is a disturbing mental image, it still made me want ice cream.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We need to all wake up because they will back door us, When they sat register you no whats NEXT . I all ready did the paper work when I bought my stuff .

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post