SIGforum
A little positive press for my township today

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/140601935/m/5730044764

March 11, 2020, 05:27 PM
Appliance Brad
A little positive press for my township today
FRONTIER — Woodbridge Township Board of Trustees passed a second amendment sanctuary resolution during their regular board meeting March 5.

Woodbridge Township Supervisor Brad Benzing said a resident brought the matter to the board during the February meeting and asked the board to pass a resolution on the issue.

The matter was brought up as an action item during the March meeting, Benzing said.

“The board, in our discussion, felt it was important to take a position on the issue,” Benzing said.

The resolution adopted includes the words “second amendment sanctuary,” Benzing added.

The word sanctuary, as defined by Merriam Webster, mean a place of safety or refuge, Benzing highlighted.

“The board felt that expressed the message we were trying to send,” Benzing said. “The elected officials of our township want to protect and uphold the second amendments to the U.S. Constitution and Article 1, Section 6 of the Michigan Constitution.”

Benzing said the resolution demonstrated the five elected officials representing the township have taken a vote of record by roll call to support their right to keep and bear arms.

Woodbridge Township joins Wheatland Township and the Hillsdale County Board of Commissioners in passing resolutions supporting constitutional rights and the oath of office elected officials took when being sworn into office.

Dozens of other counties in Michigan have adopted similar resolutions in a nationwide movement which gained popularity in Virginia where their state legislator attempted to ban certain types of firearms and accessories.

Link to story

March 11, 2020, 07:42 PM
MtnPlinker
Keep up the good work.

Someday my state may come around
March 28, 2020, 08:02 AM
ersatzknarf
Wonderful news.

Next, let's get rid of whitmer.

April 04, 2020, 11:11 AM
Pal
Glad to see it!