SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Is Virginia Lost For Good? Now What Do We Do?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is Virginia Lost For Good? Now What Do We Do? Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted
With the trifecta being won by folks who favor controlling liberty, Virginia laws will likely change July 1, 2020.

If a person owned items that were not prohibited or licensed prior to a new restriction, what happens?

How could a state enact laws that force surrender of legally-owned items?

I am concerned.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:

This, I think, is a very good question. Why in the world can a politician make legal things suddenly illegal on a political whim (as opposed to making the change based on some scientific data or other solid logic)?

Carrying the question forward: what's our best course of action for fighting it?

As addressed in recent pages in this thread, now is the time to get after our [good] politicians, VCDL, NRA, GOA, and any other solid sources of support and start fighting this. Let's get in the way of draconian measures being implemented PRIOR to the event, rather than having to fight it afterward.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I had no idea that a thread on going to the polls would spiral into nine pages covering this subject. Please lock this thread.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
I had no idea that a thread on going to the polls would spiral into nine pages covering this subject.

Me neither! Big Grin
Quite a surprise that threat took the turn it did....

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
With the trifecta being won by folks who favor controlling liberty, Virginia laws will likely change July 1, 2020.

If a person owned items that were not prohibited or licensed prior to a new restriction, what happens?

I am concerned.

The answer to question 1 depends on what the law that actually gets passes says. Could be keep, but not sell or transfer. Could be registration required. Could be mandatory buyback. Could be turn in with no confiscation. Pick any or all.

The answer to question 2 is that they can do it the same as other law. It gets passed, and what happens afterwards depends on the outcome of any court cases.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
CT did not take anything away, but did force registration of most semi-auto rifles and magazines > 10 rounds, and banned future purchase of same.

I’d say buy what you might want now - e.g., ARs, mags, pistols with threaded barrels, etc.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Both CT & NY have mandated registration. At this point in time both these liberal states have had less than 20% compliance. In NJ, really liberal, magazines exceeding 10 rounds MUST be destroyed or sent to the State Police. As of this writing the State Police have received ZERO mags. I guess they were all destroyed.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:

This, I think, is a very good question. Why in the world can a politician make legal things suddenly illegal on a political whim (as opposed to making the change based on some scientific data or other solid logic)?

Carrying the question forward: what's our best course of action for fighting it?

As addressed in recent pages in this thread, now is the time to get after our [good] politicians, VCDL, NRA, GOA, and any other solid sources of support and start fighting this. Let's get in the way of draconian measures being implemented PRIOR to the event, rather than having to fight it afterward.

The exact same way the Federal Government did with bump stocks, legislation. This is the modern day "confiscation" you either surrender them or risk being a felon if you get caught with them.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I had no idea that a thread on going to the polls would spiral into nine pages covering this subject. Please lock this thread.

Why lock it? It seems like an important subject to me.

Posts: 617 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
They're working on a list:

Red flag laws

Universal Background Checks

One gun a month

Must report loss or theft

Secure storage

Ban Assault Weapons (Buyback)

Ban Assault Weapons (No new ones)

Register Assault Weapons

Register all weapons

10 round magazine limit

Ammunition requires background check

Increased penalties for leaving guns around children.

No telling which ones they will move to enact first.

Note the anti-gun crowd donated over 2.5 million to defeat Republicans and get their agenda enacted.

The NRA, based in Fairfax, Virginia, donated about $350,000.

That's not much more than Wayne's wardrobe expenditures.

After the Democrats swept the state blue, the NRA issued a sternly worded letter.

Also note that at the November 2 2nd Amendment Rally in Washington, D.C., they couldn't be bothered to even send anyone to speak to represent the NRA.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jager:

Note the anti-gun crowd donated over 2.5 million to defeat Republicans and get their agenda enacted.

After the Democrats swept the state blue, the NRA issued a sternly worded letter.

Also note that at the November 2 2nd Amendment Rally in Washington, D.C., they couldn't be bothered to even send anyone to speak to represent the NRA.

LOL.

Blame all those folks who proudly abandoned support for the NRA. It is hilarious that you are blaming the NRA, but no mention of how much any of these other groups that everyone claims to financially support instead of the NRA. How much money did they spend?

If this is the fault of the NRA, then it’s damn sure the fault of all the members that turned their back on the NRA. The so called gun owners who claimed all the other groups are just as good, just as powerful as the NRA. Where were they? How much money did they spend? Why don’t we hear the anti-gunners bragging about defeating them?

Many gun owners got what they deserve on this. You can make all the snide remarks about Wayne’s wardrobe and pout all you want, but all you are doing is enabling gun control.

Support the NRA. Or sit idly by and watch this continue. But hey, you’ll get to bitch about it and feel smug as you get your Rights taken.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:

LOL.

Blame all those folks who proudly abandoned support for the NRA. It is hilarious that you are blaming the NRA, but no mention of how much any of these other groups that everyone claims to financially support instead of the NRA. How much money did they spend?

If this is the fault of the NRA, then it’s damn sure the fault of all the members that turned their back on the NRA. The so called gun owners who claimed all the other groups are just as good, just as powerful as the NRA. Where were they? How much money did they spend? Why don’t we hear the anti-gunners bragging about defeating them?

Many gun owners got what they deserve on this. You can make all the snide remarks about Wayne’s wardrobe and pout all you want, but all you are doing is enabling gun control.

Support the NRA. Or sit idly by and watch this continue. But hey, you’ll get to bitch about it and feel smug as you get your Rights taken.

You are 100% correct. I was getting mail from the anti-gunners before the election, telling me how the NRA was finished. The antis love to see us fighting amongst ourselves.

Posts: 617 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Join the NRA. Pump money into our Rights. Or continue to lose and claim that you just don't understand why.

That is the only key to victory.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to tell us how we just don't need the NRA, and how one had nothing to do with the other. The anti-gunners agree with them so what does that tell you?

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I just joined the Virginia Citizens Defense League. As well as being a Benefactor Member of the NRA, which is headquartered in Virginia, I am now a member of an organization whose sole purpose is the rights of gun owners in the Old Dominion.

The answer, if you ask me, is to use the Left's own playbook against them: Take 'em to court. Every. Damn. Time.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Nice try, but misplaced.

I didn't have anything to do with what happened in the Commonwealth.

The voters there did. They had everything to do with it.

And since they didn't get out the vote, suburban women decided it for them.

Whine if you must, but the NRA did not show up in Virginia - and they KNEW how close it was.

Now they get to be based in a state where the bigger artillery will be raining on them all the way up to the 2020 election.

You're "Kill the messenger" fail is duly noted.

Write a letter to Wayne about it and post the response here. If he's not shopping, traveling, at his tailor or counting stacks of cash, maybe he'll find the time.

While you're at it, ask them why they couldn't be bothered on November 2nd.

This was an EPIC fail there.

Got shovel?

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

Sure. Sure.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nice try, but misplaced.

I didn't have anything to do with what happened in the Commonwealth.

The voters there did. They had everything to do with it.

And since they didn't get out the vote, suburban women decided it for them.

Whine if you must, but the NRA did not show up in Virginia - and they KNEW how close it was.

Now they get to be based in a state where the bigger artillery will be raining on them all the way up to the 2020 election.

You're "Kill the messenger" fail is duly noted.

Write a letter to Wayne about it and post the response here. If he's not shopping, traveling, at his tailor or counting stacks of cash, maybe he'll find the time.

While you're at it, ask them why they couldn't be bothered on November 2nd.

This was an EPIC fail there.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

Sure. Sure.

LOL.

Continue to claim stuff is misplaced. Continue to point the blame elsewhere. Continue to be smug. Do not support the NRA. Continue to lose. Pretty simple. But, in true fashion, you just can't take responsibility that you fucked up.

But, hey, you get to point fingers and bitch, right? Hell, in another thread, it is noted that VCDL members are blaming Trump for the loss. Wow. I'll ask again, how much money did they put into this? SAF? GOA? All these other groups that are supposed to be "as good as" but you don't hear a peep from the gun control groups about being worried about them. Because they are not.

You got what you and the others deserve in this. Continue to lose by not supporting the NRA. The left NEEDS people just like you to blame everyone but yourself for what has happened. They need more victories, and they need you to keep doing what you are doing.

Just keep doing what you are doing. When guns are banned, you'll get to complain how Wayne is to blame.

A real head scratcher, isn't it?

www.opspectraining.com

Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Point at me all you need to. Pathetic, but it looks like you need to.

The fact is, the NRA DIDN'T SHOW UP IN VIRGINIA.

In case you hadn't noticed, location here is #1 for gun rights in the country.

"Oooh, ooh, but it's coming to you...".

I'll be dead before then if human longevity prevails.

January 2020 is kickoff in Richmond.

"We'll take them to court!"

Wait. What? Spend tens of millions in court, but $300,000 before election day?

It's not being smug. It's pointing out the glaring failure.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Point at me all you need to. Pathetic, but it looks like you need to.

The fact is, the NRA DIDN'T SHOW UP IN VIRGINIA.

In case you hadn't noticed, location here is #1 for gun rights in the country.

"Oooh, ooh, but it's coming to you...".

I'll be dead before then if human longevity prevails.

January 2020 is kickoff in Richmond.

"We'll take them to court!"

Wait. What? Spend tens of millions in court, but $300,000 before election day?

It's not being smug. It's pointing out the glaring failure.

Why won't you take responsibility for what you have created then? If it is so "pathetic". Why can't you understand if you cut off financial support, they can't "show up" because they don't have the money? Oh, yeah. The left have told you its all because of Wayne.

Continue to lose. Second place means you get to piss and moan about it. You get to call gun owners that are actually supporting the groups that matter (and or not sold out to the left and MSM “because Wayne”) “pathetic”.

You got EXACTLY what you deserve in this. The left needs you to keep doing what you are doing. It's working for them. Continue to call me "pathetic".

But, it's not me that is standing idly by and helping the left.

Continue to lose.

www.opspectraining.com

Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
I didn't learn of the corruption in the NRA from leftists.

I learned of it through conservative news sources

You think the NRA didn't show due to lack of finances? Prove it.

The fact is, they didn't show up where they KNEW what was in play, IN THE STATE THEY ARE BASED IN.

They're so broke that NOT ONE of their high paid folks on staff could roll into D.C. to show support for the attendees at the rally November 2nd?

It's me, 2,300 miles away that's responsible?

Here's a clue.

All politics are local.

I'm not paying a hell of a lot of attention to races elsewhere around the country. I didn't know how close the races were in Virginia.

That would be the job of the voters in Virginia, and the NRA. You know, the organization that is BASED THERE.

They're the ones that didn't show up.

And if they can't even win in their own state, the onus is upon them.

Lots of people want Wayne gone. Wayne doesn't care. Wayne cares about Wayne. Membership numbers be damned. He's got his million dollar a year golden parachute. His little feifdom. He's not coming off a single dime of his cash cow.

I think he formulated a stern letter. Or was it a cheer to rally the wounded after the rout?

Sure. Point fingers at me.

None at those who had their hands fully in the trough or necks in the noose.

That explains a lot about what's about to kick off in Virginia come January.

Brilliant strategy.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Cool story, bro. Continue to lose.

www.opspectraining.com