SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Is Virginia Lost For Good? Now What Do We Do?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is Virginia Lost For Good? Now What Do We Do? Login/Join 
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Here's a story.

Gabby Giffords spent as much in Virginia as the NRA did.

Revenue at the NRA has plummeted, in part due to lots of legal troubles that are largely self-inflicted. The numbers are out there. Ignore them at your peril.

Revenue comes from MEMBERS.

Members are unhappy with the scandal. Unless you have a better explanation, that's the one that's apparent.

Wayne is at the helm. He is the focal point of the impropriety.

He refuses to step down.

The organization is suffering. Again, self-inflicted.

Cool has nothing to do with it. The story.

The story is Virginia voters and the NRA didn't show up. In a race where they had everything to lose.

You blaming me is pretty anemic.

But that's your story and you're sticking to it.

The previously posted list of proposals is from positions articulated by Democrat politicians now in power in Virginia. They insist they are coming with both barrels.

Believe them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jager,

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jager:
Revenue at the NRA has plummeted

Your words, but you still don't seem to understand.

The difference is that Gifford's supporters only care about winning, they don't have a high horse to crawl up on because they don't like the guy on top. They don't give two shits about how much waste, the number of houses that Ten minutes to Wapner Gabby and that idiot husband of hers has on the PAC's dime. They only care about winning. They keep the money turned on. They only care about winning.

You on the other hand seem to be completely cool with sacraficing the Right's of others to hold a temper tantrum to get what you want. Wayne gone, or else.

But, you can't seem to do simple math to understand that when you cut off the money, there is no money to spend. Then, you in turn want to blame them for not spending money, despite admitting that people like you abandoned them to get on your moral high horse. Continue to lose.

And obviously, there is nothing I'm going to say to make you understand it.

You are completely good with losing as long as you get what YOU want. Until that kind of attitude is corrected by many former NRA members, these losses will continue. But, second place means you get to piss and moan about it, so we're good.

You are part of the blame because you are part of the problem. You post that money at the NRA has plummeted, but don't get why they only spent $350,000.

I want to win at all costs. I continue to support the NRA.

It matters not how "anemic" or "pathetic" you find my thoughts. You make your choice not to support the NRA, then blame them. You bear the blame for what's going on. You don't get to be a champion of shutting down the NRA, and a victim at the same time.

Continue to lose.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
If Great Value Stephen King is causing damage to the NRA, in this case by pissing off members enough with his spending on bullshit to the point that they don't want to contribute to the organization, then his ass needs to be gone yesterday. If he actually cared about the Second Amendment he would have stepped down nine minutes after all that came out. But no, Wayne cares about Wayne, and that's a fact.

Maybe it is short-sighted to not contribute to the NRA because Wayne is up there, but it's short-sighted for him to stay there too. Wayne LaPierre needs to fuck off into the sunset, ASAP.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
You're logic is flawed, but you're entitled to it.

SUPPORT FOR THE NRA IS PLUMMETING DUE TO WAYNE'S IMPROPRIETY.

So, blaming me, on the other side of the country - well, it's pretty stupid, ignoring the actual source of the problem.

Gabby got shot here. How did her gun control efforts go in Arizona?

No losing here. Almost a decade later and not one loss to the anti-gunners. She and her agenda were rejected here. We went Constitutional Carry the year before - and things are still good here.

But Gabby can wander into Virginia and run roughshod. That's a WTF moment.

That falls on the voters there. And the NRA if they didn't see her coming.

And I didn't send her there.

Her loser husband is running against McSally. I'm focusing my support there. Again...

All politics is local.

Wag your finger all you must. It's as impotent as the recent failure experienced in Virginia. It doesn't implicate me or anyone like me.

It's an indictment of voters in Virginia and the NRA. Read the fingerprints.

Insisting I support an organization that is rife with corruption is a pretty asinine position. Wayne's self-enrichment is a problem for many, not just me. The numbers reflect that.

I'm not shutting down the NRA. Wayne is doing that - by ignoring the members. Revenue has plummeted by tens of millions. Gee, why might that be?

Again, ignore that at your own peril. You're in good company with Wayne.

Ditat Deus. God enriches. That's our motto.

Death to Tyrants is Virginia's.

Well, the tyrants are in charge there now. Sad, but that's the reality. As is how they got there.

Some blame immigration in Virginia. I'd say we have more here.

Flail like Beto. Claim it's some guy in the Grand Canyon State.

January brings the tsunami.

Taking me to task won't accomplish anything. I'm not responsible.

Taking the NRA and Virginia voters to task might be the smarter and more effective position.

Or keep losing.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Continue losing.

Congrats, Nero.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

I'm in. I want results for we the people.

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

I'm in. I want results for we the people.

As do I, dude. I know you guys are suffering in VA. I stand with you guys and wish you the best.

I am still the NRA.

www.opspectraining.com

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Jerry.

I think now we the people in Virginia just need to come up with a solid, workable, actionable plan -- a list of steps -- and get to hammering. Someone said "there's plenty of time..." I disagree. NOW is the time.

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Continue blaming.

Congrat's, Hillary.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Continue blaming.

Congrat's, Hillary.

Big Grin

I am truly not surprised by this.

www.opspectraining.com

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Thank you, Jerry.

I think now we the people in Virginia just need to come up with a solid, workable, actionable plan -- a list of steps -- and get to hammering. Someone said "there's plenty of time..." I disagree. NOW is the time.

Anytime, my man.

www.opspectraining.com

Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
You shouldn't be.

Blaming others follows faulty logic.

Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
They made it a gunfight. Not a shooting.

And they were outgunned.

The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
People need to continue to contribute to the NRA, but the NRA needs to dump Wayne LaPierre, and if folks boycotting the 800 gorilla is what it takes to dump him, then that's what it takes. As long as Wayne is captain of the boat, we're gonna continue to see people jumping ship.

Wayne LaPierre is bad for the NRA, and that's bad for the Second Amendment.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
It's going to be a long, drawn out battle for many states, and that's where the battles are being held, because they aren't accomplishing much on the federal level. VA isn't the only one (look at CA spreading north), but those who that sat around and couldn't be bothered to complete their ballot or were Fudds voting for Democrats, better wake up and smell the coffee. It's soo much better to keep them out than to try and get them out after they've seized control.

Mr. Noir does this stuff for a living, and has been pretty on point...these three (particularly the first one) are worth a watch & share...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRRl6cOD3_Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzHhWIUqz2Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGfHjiGFDFY

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
My thinking is that Virginians need to convene with approachable Democrat legislators to achieve the necessary votes to counter these new proposals. All it takes is a handful.

Virginia is not lost "for good". I do not believe that.

This election was a failure. That has to be acknowledged.

Now show the victors that the proposals are useless. Thwart them and buy time until the next election. The Governor has two years left. Put him out of a job. Regaining a majority is the only way left.

The NRA needs to remove Wayne. He has become a liability.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boss1:
It's soo much better to keep them out than to try and get them out after they've seized control.

Very true. NOW is the time.

quote:
This election was a failure. That has to be acknowledged.

https://www.daybydaycartoon.com/comic/losers/

God bless America.

Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...-virginia-democrats/

NRA isn’t going to stop this. Same thing happened in WA.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
The question no one is pursuing an answer for is how are all these immigrants legally voting?

posted Hide Post
quote:
The question no one is pursuing an answer for is how are all these immigrants legally voting?

US citizenship is only required by the Constitution for federal elections. Non-US citizens can usually vote in State and local elections, depending on the laws of the state.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post