SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Is Virginia Lost For Good? Now What Do We Do?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is Virginia Lost For Good? Now What Do We Do? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jager:
The question no one is pursuing an answer for is how are all these immigrants legally voting?

Jager, do you think it could be Wayne Lapierre's fault?

Posts: 617 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
Time to raise The Army of Northern Virginia !!

Again...

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:
The question no one is pursuing an answer for is how are all these immigrants legally voting?

US citizenship is only required by the Constitution for federal elections. Non-US citizens can usually vote in State and local elections, depending on the laws of the state.

I did not know that. Thank you for pointing it out.

Now... how do we go about fixing that?

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Must be US Citizen

Virginia requires US citizenship.

Which states allow non US citizens to vote in state elections?

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironworker:
quote:

Jager, do you think it could be Wayne Lapierre's fault?

They are not related. Nonsensical question.

I've stated my position on the topic.

quote:
SUPPORT FOR THE NRA IS PLUMMETING DUE TO WAYNE'S IMPROPRIETY.

How or why the NRA decided to be tepid in Virginia elections is a question Virginia voters must answer. But they were lackluster in their participation.

Voter fraud - same.

Voter participation - same.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Above and beyond the failures of us voters and the NRA in VA is the abject failure of the Republican party. I had three (IIRC) uncontested Democrats on my ballot. I am buried very deep in the midst of leftist progressive deep state.

My opinions on where VA should go:

- Attack and bog down everything in the courts
- Inject a fraction of logic into the process, at least grandfathering existing firearms/magazines instead of having hundreds of thousands of felons in one day. Which brings up a question: aren't these whackos afraid of a lot of felons with guns?
- Pursue the 2A sanctuaries where there is potential to establish them.
- Investigate the legal pedigree of the Virginia militia.

For many out there, this is also coming for you. You think the left isn't mad as hell at Pennsylvania? They also want North Carolina. I think a lot of the blame in VA was complacency. We got so used to having anything we wanted WRT firearms that most of us fell asleep. Blame doesn't really matter, though. Action does.

BTW, Wayne LaPierre or not (preferably not), I'm still the NRA.

Posts: 548 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:

US citizenship is only required by the Constitution for federal elections. Non-US citizens can usually vote in State and local elections, depending on the laws of the state.

I did not know that. Thank you for pointing it out.

Now... how do we go about fixing that?
By voting for conservative legislators and asking them to change the state laws?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will be moving to the Richmond Area soon. I have been through this Grap before and will not allow it to happen in my new state without a fight.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
burnetma, we'll be happy to have you! Don't forget about the VCDL and if you get here before Jan 20th (I think) come out to the capitol for lobby day.

www.landwarfare.net
Veteran owned 07 FFL/ 02 SOT
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

Posts: 1184 | Location: Va | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
In my area, I saw lots of commercials for lots of candidates that were outside my district. None ran on gun control. The only one that even mentioned it - universal background checks - lost. Every candidate that I saw run on abortion lost, too. The dems that won ran on health care.

The media would have you believe that gun control with the big issue in Virginia. It really wasn't any issue at all. Next to no one ran on it. Even in Virginia Beach.

What won this election for the dems is redistricting, and an incredibly inept republican party that simply cannot articulate what they stand for or what was at stake. Oh, and non-voters. I know a huge amount of people that simply didn't vote but who would have voted republican if they could have been bothered to get off their asses and vote.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
Oh, and non-voters. I know a huge amount of people that simply didn't vote but who would have voted republican if they could have been bothered to get off their asses and vote.
Perhaps after 2 years of living with the current government they will be more motivated next time?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Don't count on it. Apathy is harder to cure than herpes.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by policetruck:
burnetma, we'll be happy to have you! Don't forget about the VCDL and if you get here before Jan 20th (I think) come out to the capitol for lobby day.

Count on it! I will be there and everywhere I am needed.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh, and non-voters. I know a huge amount of people that simply didn't vote but who would have voted republican if they could have been bothered to get off their asses and vote.

That's a damn sin.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

That's a damn sin.

Between people believing “no one is trying to take your guns,” “no one needs an AR” gun owners and assholes that couldn’t be bothered to vote we got wrecked. If every gun owner in the state voted for freedom we would’ve won. Mad

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Virginians will need to make a critical decision in the next 2 months:

Do you allow a hundred or so politicians to pass laws that overnight turn hundreds of thousands of citizens into felons or do you hold those hundred or so politicians accountable for violating the Constitutional Rights of hundreds of thousands?

The question is really that simple.

I assure every Virginian that if you concede on one issue and the violation of one right, this same group will feel empowered and will eventually take them all. The citizens of every other state damn well better take notice, because as goes Virginia thus go the rest.

By my eye, Virginia is once again Ground Zero for the future of this nation. Will the patriots of Virginia and the other states heed the call.

TANSTAAFL
posted Hide Post
I’ve been biding my time til a co-worker retires to transfer from MD to VA. But after seeing this bill from the VA legislature today:
https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-b...eM2dMLmt8nAkfp7BmfPs

I wonder if VA is lost as well. Almost every gun owner in VA would be a felon. And no grandfather clause for anything. It’s possible they did this so gun owners will be happy if it’s less. But I don’t think so. I know I won’t take the job in VA if it passes.

Posts: 715 | Location: Baltimore til I can get out of there. | Registered: June 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by burnetma:

Do you allow a hundred or so politicians to pass laws that overnight turn hundreds of thousands of citizens into felons or do you hold those hundred or so politicians accountable for violating the Constitutional Rights of hundreds of thousands?

I assure every Virginian that if you concede on one issue and the violation of one right, this same group will feel empowered and will eventually take them all. The citizens of every other state damn well better take notice, because as goes Virginia thus go the rest.

By my eye, Virginia is once again Ground Zero for the future of this nation. Will the patriots of Virginia and the other states heed the call.

burnetma, that is a powerful and stirring post. I have donated time and money and voted. What should I do now?

Posts: 617 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by burnetma:

Are Citizens there talking of a Resistance, or insurrection ?

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Possibly both.

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post