SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    RECENT ANTI-ABORTION LAWS TIP ELECTION TO DEMS?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RECENT ANTI-ABORTION LAWS TIP ELECTION TO DEMS? Login/Join 
posted
I'm definitely against abortions: but think these new very stringent laws will hand upcoming election to Dems! If you give people something, then take it
away, your will really PO women, even those that usually vote Republican, to "punish those old white
men who are oppressing us and want to take away our
control over our own bodies"! We are likely to turn
most women into "single issue voters" on abortion, just as there are many single issue voters that vote against gun control!

There are so many effective means of birth
control, there is little need for abortions;
but can understand women being infuriated at
prospect of being deprived of the "option"!

As most of you know, mostly suburban women who hate Trump cost us control of the House, including my own long held Republican district in Ga that went to a rabidly anti-gun democrat, who used gun control as primary campaign issue.

You may choose not to believe it: but backlash
against Congress, Trump; and even men in general
could change the political climate for years!
You can be sure our gun rights will go down the toilet! Backlash will also extend to state houses and governors, too!

Can't believe ANY Republicans could be so stupid, as not to see the predictable fallout
from this? While I'd personally hate it, the
best thing that could happen is to have SCOTUS
hear this quickly and rule in favor of Roe V
Wade, in order to diminish the damage that will surely come, even if they do!

Sorry for the long rant: but this has me worried, as it should you! Question is, what can be done about it?

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
You fixed your CAPS LOCK key?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I believe that getting it before SCOTUS is the reason that red states are pushing it. It could backfire.

President Trump has stated he thinks the laws went to far by banning for rape and incest.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
az, the damage is already done and even if it gets to SCOTUS BEFORE the election, Dems will have the drum to beat on! As far as most were concerned,
Roe V Wade was the law of the land, so why bother opening this can of worms?

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I'm optimistic the Democrats shot themselves in the foot during the Kavanaugh hearings and the President Trump never ending two years of investigations, that it won't have an effect on the 2020 outcome. There's also the new AG investigation which hopefully takes down some Democrats, former FBI and DOJ leadership.

AOC, Omar and Tlaib haven't done the Democrats any good, either. The Democrats can beat the drum all they want...

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Az hope you aee right and I am wrong: but don't think so!

770-977-0662

Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
I'm optimistic the Democrats shot themselves in the foot during the Kavanaugh hearings and the President Trump never ending two years of investigations, that it won't have an effect on the 2020 outcome. There's also the new AG investigation which hopefully takes down some Democrats, former FBI and DOJ leadership.

AOC, Omar and Tlaib haven't done the Democrats any good, either. The Democrats can beat the drum all they want...

Yeah, right.

Ohio, for one, will go blue in 2020.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
We should just scuttle having elections as so many of these races are clearly decided and many people have once again gave up.

If left up to many, we’d still be under British rule due to giving up.

(And no, you can’t claim races are decided, and in the same breath claim you haven’t given up)

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
I'll still vote, Jones, but I have little doubt as to the outcome. Ohio Republicans have done themselves zero favors lately, and passing a stringent abortion law was either remarkably tone deaf or an example of WAY overplaying your hand.

For many of my friends of either gender, this is an issue that consistently turns them away from anything resembling conservative politics or political figures, and again Republicans have sprinted off to glompy-hug an issue that seems to repel swing voters like radioactivity placards.

For the life of me, I do not understand why "leave people the hell alone" is such a hard concept to grasp.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
If we concede what is right in order to get ahead of the next election then we'd become that which we are trying to defeat.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It would be nice if cool headed logical people could prevail and save these foolish politicians from their own self created disasters; but sadly that isn't possible! IMHO, one thing we should do is contact our state and national representatives and senators and tell them in no uncertain terms
how stupid this was for them to not see the disaster this will bring and if they don't fix it, you'll never vote for or contribute to them again!

All they really care about is getting re-elected, not the best interests of the nation.
One potential remedy is to network have as many people as possible keep pounding and demanding
a SCOTUS decision on this ASAP, not next year or
years from now! If Roe v Wade is upheld, which I think it would after being in effect for 47 years, they would be unlikely to overturn it,
as even Trump appointees would realize the
disaster the overturning would be on a number
of societal, cultural, and political arenas.
A relatively quick decision would calm both sides and reduce the hysteria!

770-977-0662

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
The reason why we have weak republican candidates and representatives is because we have weak republican voters. They either give up at the first sign of trouble, or they just don't become involved. As evident in this thread, we don't have fighters. We post things in all CAPS on the internet, and it is a gathering place for the woe is me.

Want to see a similar thread? This thread should be kept in the Lounge forever, and it should be required reading for the quitters.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/9570044383

All the same stuff that you see in that thread, you see here. Woe is me. No need to vote, it's already decided. And I said the same things in that thread, that I say here. Stop giving up. Stop wringing your hands. Nothing is decided, unless you want to believe what you read in the media, and what the left is saying in the media.

The left can't not take us. On no battle field. Not on issues. Not on morals. Not hand to hand. They can't. We can not be defeated by them. But, they have learned that all they have to do is get us to defeat ourselves, and they win the same as if they had done it. They have tried for decades to defeat the NRA. They can't do it. But, they are laughing their asses off right now. The NRA can be defeated. They just need to cause enough drama to get members to defect. To cut the money off. And that's what is going on right now. They are giddy about it. And we have members that proudly brag that they have cut the money off. That anyone who supports the NRA has "battered wife syndrome". Yeah, I wonder if they will be around when we lose Rights because the only organization that the left fears is taken out of play?

We can't be beat, unless we do it to ourselves. We are still a strong majority in this country. Yeah, yeah, spare me the 47 percent bullshit. We are a lot more than that. Why else do you think the left has such a hard on over voter ID laws? Why else do you think that voting machines "malfunction" and they never "malfunction" a vote for an R? Why else do you think in tight races they always have to find a trunk full of uncounted votes in a rental car at the airport to win?

Either we stand together, or we swing separately. Yes, I'm sure I've heard that some where before.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
The reason why we have weak republican candidates and representatives is because we have weak republican voters. They either give up at the first sign of trouble, or they just don't become involved. As evident in this thread, we don't have fighters. We post things in all CAPS on the internet, and it is a gathering place for the woe is me.

Want to see a similar thread? This thread should be kept in the Lounge forever, and it should be required reading for the quitters.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/9570044383

All the same stuff that you see in that thread, you see here. Woe is me. No need to vote, it's already decided. And I said the same things in that thread, that I say here. Stop giving up. Stop wringing your hands. Nothing is decided, unless you want to believe what you read in the media, and what the left is saying in the media.

The left can't not take us. On no battle field. Not on issues. Not on morals. Not hand to hand. They can't. We can not be defeated by them. But, they have learned that all they have to do is get us to defeat ourselves, and they win the same as if they had done it. They have tried for decades to defeat the NRA. They can't do it. But, they are laughing their asses off right now. The NRA can be defeated. They just need to cause enough drama to get members to defect. To cut the money off. And that's what is going on right now. They are giddy about it. And we have members that proudly brag that they have cut the money off. That anyone who supports the NRA has "battered wife syndrome". Yeah, I wonder if they will be around when we lose Rights because the only organization that the left fears is taken out of play?

We can't be beat, unless we do it to ourselves. We are still a strong majority in this country. Yeah, yeah, spare me the 47 percent bullshit. We are a lot more than that. Why else do you think the left has such a hard on over voter ID laws? Why else do you think that voting machines "malfunction" and they never "malfunction" a vote for an R? Why else do you think in tight races they always have to find a trunk full of uncounted votes in a rental car at the airport to win?

Either we stand together, or we swing separately. Yes, I'm sure I've heard that some where before.

+1000

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1363 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As I said before, "hope you are right and I am
wrong"; but last election gave us a preview of
next election. As elections have recently showed
us, there are very few percentage points between the winners and losers, so only a comparatively
small number need to be moved to affect the
outcome. Goes back to beginning of thread, that
stupid politicians, that are supposed to be
"on our side" have given the left a potentially
winning issue, needing only to win over some
independents and "enlightened suburban women"
to affect a negative outcome, for us.

770-977-0662

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
The last election told us much, but you are completely ignoring it because it doesn’t fit what the media is telling you.

www.opspectraining.com