SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    CDC Publishes a Review of 2019 Gun Mortality Data - avoids any mention of causes / who is doing the shooting in homicides
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CDC Publishes a Review of 2019 Gun Mortality Data - avoids any mention of causes / who is doing the shooting in homicides Login/Join 
posted
Yahoo & USA Today posted an article about the CDC's newly published Study of 2019 Gun Mortality Data. (I know, reading anything from these two sources was my first mistake)

The text & graphics go out of their way to highlight Homicide and it's impact being mostly felt younger black males. They do mention suicide (60.3% of homicide deaths) - but the articles really stressed the homicide angle at 36.3%.

What was totally missing was any discussion of the cause (for suicide, which mostly impacted White Males) or who was the shooter in the homicides (I'm gonna go on a limb and say it's not mostly white males doing the shooting.)

Maybe that was beyond the scope of the study - but by omission it just stokes the fires for gun control zealots.

The proposed solution were the usual laundry list of the progressives cure alls to get us to the shangrila where no gun deaths occur.

Notice they inserted the latest buzzword - "equity" in the first bullet point! Who had that on their buzzword bingo card?

Also - despite being suicide being 60% of gun deaths - the suggestions never seemed to address that head on - only tangentially by mentioning "extreme risk laws" which I read to be confiscation, and "healthcare professional training on lethal means safety counseling" - what the heck is that?

Oh - does anyone want to tell these guys that criminals don't follow the rules?

Here is the CDC's To Do list:

To stop gun violence in all its forms, we recommend:

• Apply the public health approach, with an equity lens, for effective gun violence prevention.
• Fund and conduct gun violence research, and improve data infrastructure, which is fundamental
for effective gun violence prevention.
• Enact and implement a true universal background check law that requires background checks
on all gun sales and transfers, including private and online sales, and eliminate “default proceed”
sales.
• Enact and implement state firearm licensing laws and support equitable implementation through
local, state, and federal funding.
• Enact and implement state extreme risk laws to prevent tragedy before it occurs and support
robust implementation through federal funding.
• Invest in community violence intervention and prevention programs and address the underlying
social and economic inequalities that drive firearm violence.
• Support implementation of healthcare professional training on lethal means safety counseling
so they are prepared to ask patients about firearm access and provide effective and respectful
counseling when appropriate.
• Expand both federal and state domestic violence firearm prohibitions to reduce abusers’ access to
firearms and improve collection and reporting of domestic violence-related data.
• Reinstate the federal ban on assault weapons and large-capacity magazines.
• Prohibit the manufacture, purchase, and possession of “ghost guns.”
• Repeal the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA).
• Require that new semi-automatic pistols manufactured, sold, or imported into the U.S. are
equipped with microstamping technology.
• Enact and implement state prohibitions on the open carry of firearms in public and strongly
regulate concealed carry of firearms to help protect public safety.
• Repeal state-level stand your ground laws, which run counter to centuries of self-defense
doctrine and make it legal for individuals to kill another even when they can easily and safely
retreat.
• Improve police accountability and strengthen police legitimacy through procedurally just policing
practices.

CDC Review of 2019 Gun Mortality Data

Posts: 247 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: December 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fund and conduct gun violence research, and improve data infrastructure, which is fundamental
for effective gun violence prevention.

So these fuckers can keep draining tax dollars on Bullshit reports like this.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10905 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
The democrat philosophy is to blame the inanimate object instead of the fool who uses it illegally.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
The democrat philosophy is to blame the inanimate object instead of the fool who uses it illegally.

Oddly enough, they refer to themselves as the "party of science."

I'm dreading the report in 2 yrs which shows 2020 saw a huge bump in both suicides and homicides - but there will be no mentions of lockdowns, restricted access to medical professionals and impact of distance learning on young kids. I bet they will mention President Trump and his supporters though.

Posts: 247 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: December 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
The CDC. A government agency with the credibility of a tabloid newspaper.

Like their "directive" that "suggests" that the Covid vaccine instead of being made available to the 65+ crowd first now suggests that socioeconomic status should be considered instead.

Michigan fell right into this playing SJW in it's county allocations. My county is number 83 out of 83 in the state with a total population of 200,000+ in doses allocated despite 18 or more percent of county residents are above 65. The reason the state gives is that we are a majority white, better educated, highest per capita income and more sparsely populated than the urban areas (now there's a surprise!) in the state. We border Ingham, Genesee, Oakland, Jackson, and Washtenaw counties, all those having large urban areas also.

Probably nothing to do with us also being a staunchly Red county too, a coincidence I imagine.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Well, let's see. Who could be doing the majority of these shootings?

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
well I can tell you who performed most of the shootings in Charlotte/Mecklenburg Count area from Sept 2017 to Aug 2019.

But I feel most if not all of the forum members can deduce that on their own.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post