SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    IL non-res. Only residents of four states can apply.

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IL non-res. Only residents of four states can apply. Login/Join 
posted
1. Arkansas, 2. Mississippi 3. Texas 4. Virginia

I live in adjacent IA, have IA and UT permits, but I cannot get IL even if I take the full 16 hour IL class. Does that make any sense?

Sorry, that was a dumb question.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/illinois.pdf

NON-RESIDENTS In accordance with 430 ILCS 66/40 (b), out of state residents may be eligible for an Illinois Concealed Carry License if your state meets the definition of substantially similar as established by rule. See 20 Il. Admin. Code 1231.10. Currently, the states identified below have been determined to have laws related to firearm ownership, possession, and carrying that are substantially similar to the requirements to obtain a license under Illinois’ law; and, therefore, may apply for an Concealed Carry License. This list will be updated as additional states are identified as substantially similar. Further Information concerning the regulations for non-resident applications can be found at 20 Il. Admin. Code 1231.110.

1. Arkansas, 2. Mississippi 3. Texas 4. Virginia

Note: Only residents of the states listed above have been approved by the Illinois State Police to apply for an Illinois Non-Resident Permit. They will update this list if other states have criteria that meet their stands www.handgunlaw.us 4 for their residents. Illinois law states you must have a permit/license from your home state if applicable to apply for an Illinois permit. If you don’t have your resident permit/license Handgunlaw.us at this times believes you can not apply for an Illinois Non Resident Permit to Carry and will only accept applications from residents of states listed above. The US Court of Appeals 7th District upheld the Illinois practice of only issuing to non- residents of the states listed above. You can read the ruling Here.

Posts: 11833 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post