SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Florida Senate Bill 7028
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Florida Senate Bill 7028 Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted
Get fired up and get after your Florida Senators on this one! It's trying to get rid of the private right to sell firearms without significant record keeping, and it's trying to prevent private sales in places with public access, such as most gun show locations.

It has already passed out of committee with republican support, the bastards... History and text available at the link.

https://www.flsenate.gov/Sessi...028/?Tab=BillHistory

Here is the email I sent to my senator, Kelli Stargel about this:

Dear Senator Stargel:

I am appalled that your republican colleagues on the Infrastructure and Security committee agreed to pass through S 7028pb to the full senate for consideration. Specifically, proposed "790.065, Sale and delivery of firearms - (14)(a)" and proposed "790.0653, Sale, delivery, or transfer of firearms conducted on property to which the public has the right of access" are particularly onerous and objectionable.

I sincerely hope that you will vote against this bill, and not further restrict the natural and civil rights of law abiding Floridians by forcing this intrusion on their private business.

It is already illegal to sell a gun to a felon, someone who too young, or is mentally unfit, or is under a domestic violence restraining order. Anyone who violates the existing rules should be punished for doing so. Those members of the public who are responsible and who follow the existing law, should not be bound to the added expense, inconvenience and intrusion on private business by being required to engage the state with respect to a private transaction.

This proposed law seeks to solve a problem that doesn't exist, to the denigration of Floridians rights, to their increased cost, to their inconvenience and to the intrusion by the state into their private affairs. It imposes record-keeping requirements on private citizens for the benefit of the state. This is the latest attempt by the gun control industry to "close" the non-existent "gun show loophole" with language that polls well and appeals to poorly informed suburbanites.

This bill will do nothing, absolutely nothing, to curb illegal sales of stolen firearms by felons, or the possession of firearms by prohibited persons. It will not reduce killings, gang shootings, suicides, or any other violence. It is onanistic virtue signaling of the worst kind to a particular part of the voting population at the expense of a disfavored minority, and nothing more.

In the immortal words of Nancy Reagan, "just say no".

I would be very happy to speak with you about this matter should you desire to call me, or through email if it is more convenient for you. I am utterly uninterested in the typical "thank you for contacting my office, we take all communications from constituents seriously" response. No response would be better than that.

I hope the first day of the session has gone well for you.

Respectfully submitted,

ArtieS

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Done.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rhino!

Everyone should hit your representatives, too. If this thing passes through to the floor, or to committees of the House, those folks should know your opinions also.

I've sent a similar message to my rep, Anthony Sabatini.

ETA:

Sent my email to Rep. Sabatini at 10:34, got this reply at 10:46:

quote:

To: (ArtieS email)

Trust me the house will make sure that Bill is dead

Representative Anthony Sabatini
Florida House of Representatives, District 32
(phone)
(email)

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post