SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    Why is Fox News increasingly spouting one sided polls saying most of America favors AWB and stricter gun control?!?!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why is Fox News increasingly spouting one sided polls saying most of America favors AWB and stricter gun control?!?! Login/Join 
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted
I went out of State for the weekend and haven’t been able to watch their news but now that I’m home it seems they’re ramping up spewing high poll numbers in favor of AWB and tougher gun control. Is it just me? I wasn’t sure if I should put this here or in What’s Your Deal. Thought I’d do a reality check and make sure I’m hearing these poll statements correctly.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I heard some of the same in the limited time I listen on satellite radio while driving.

All the stuff going on now inspired me to pay dues for my sons and make a contribution to the NRA. The polls that count are going to be in November.

A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master-and deserves one. Ronald Reagan, 1964, quoted from Alexander Hamilton

Posts: 1684 | Location: Southern Tennessee | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fox reports the news, fair & balanced. Like it or not, that's what the polls show. FWIW, the polls also showed Hillary winning by a landslide.

The polls could be accurate, though they never asked me or any of my firearms enthusiast pals. Many people are easily swayed by the media, and they may have never considered the seriousness with giving away rights. I doubt the polls included questions that made the respondent actually think about the answer, instead phrasing them with an appeal to emotions. Hypothetical yes or no question:

"In order to save lives in schools, should semi-automatic rifles that accept high capacity magazines be banned?"

Most non-thinking people will reply yes.

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I noticed this lately, also. I put it down to Rupert's retirement and Fox being taken over by his spoiled-brat children.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
had this discussion the other day. Unless I can see what the Questions were and the provided responses , A, B, C, ETC. I disregard the poll.
The term I used was engineered responses. Not sure the industry uses that term but I can get a poll to say whatever the desired result is.

Posts: 816 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
In order to save lives in schools, should semi-automatic rifles that accept high capacity magazines be banned?"

The poll seems to insinuate that lives would be saved. Yet they can't actually provide proof that would ever happen.

Should the same poll ask "Should teachers be required to report any student with a behavioral or disciplinary problem to law enforcement to save lives?"

That probably has a greater chance of saving lives. Many options could be thrown out there with that disclaimer. Yet none are really guaranteed to do anything.

As we saw, the first attempt to save live was met with the idiot spokesman claiming it infringed on his rights.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:

...Should the same poll ask "Should teachers be required to report any student with a behavioral or disciplinary problem to law enforcement to save lives?"...

How about this question "Should the school district no longer comply Obama's PROMISE system, thus requiring school resource officers to arrest students, with these offenses now being reported to NICS to save lives?"

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
what they don't report that often is,
who ( what demographic) was polled.

how the question was phrased,
what answer's were offered,

"Fox reports the news, fair & balanced. Like it or not, that's what the polls show."

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post