SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Gun Control Discussion    “Run Away” And “Hide” If ISIS Attacks London…
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
“Run Away” And “Hide” If ISIS Attacks London… Login/Join 
posted
That's the advice from the British Government if you're confronted by terrorists.... I guess they are following the French example?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...-attacks-London.html

Run away! Britain’s top counter-terror officer tells Britons to ‘run as far as possible then hide’ if there are attacks in London

Britons should ‘run away as far as possible’ if Islamic State terrorists hit London, the country’s most senior counter-terror police officer said today.

Scotland Yard Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley said people should flee rather than ducking down where they are - and then hide once they cannot flee any further from the attack.

He said it was important for people to call police once they are in a safer location, adding that following the ‘run, hide, tell’ advice could help save lives if terrorists try to cause mass casualties.

Posts: 1692 | Location: KY | Registered: April 20, 2005Report This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
What if they come at you with a pointed stick?

Roll Eyes

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 14076 | Location: Maryland | Registered: March 16, 2006Report This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Utterly despicable leadership.

Just advise them to roll over and die quietly, why dont you, Mark, you coward.

Posts: 3952 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Report This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
This is the society that once ruled most of the known world.... What happened to them?

They don't deserve dominion over my shoes with this crap.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 31522 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Report This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
Since ISIS is just as likely to target police, it seems this directive is telling the police to run and hide too.

Originally posted by Psychobastard:
Well, we "gave them democracy"... not unlike giving a monkey a loaded gun.

Picture of Dirt
posted Hide Post
I'm beginning to feel less and less sorry for those that cower before their enemies rather than confront them.

Posts: 2 | Location: Flyover Country | Registered: August 03, 2004Report This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Their laws have pretty effectively seen to it that armed resistance, if possible, will be prosecuted by the government. It's pitiful.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Posts: 19728 | Location: Young American Teen Club | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Our own Department of Homeland Security’s “run, hide …” guidance for responding to active killers has been criticized as feckless, but at least the last step is “fight” rather than “tell.” The “fight” part upsets a lot of people even here when it’s discussed, but we’re fortunate that our country hasn’t gotten so spineless as to completely discount fighting back as an option.

I am curious, though, what this has to do with the French. Has the French government given similar advice to its people? If so, there were a lot of Parisians who would have benefited from it recently if they’d had the chance to do so.

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 36529 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Thats why I so despise the term "Shelter in Place". Its one step below "Run Away" as youre not even doing anything except cowering.

The new slogan should be "Get Some!"

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10001 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Dresden
posted Hide Post
Can you believe this? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...-attacks-London.html

The nation that ruled the world, and helped defeat Nazi Germany says that if its attacked, its citizens should run and hide? Sheesh.

Keep your eyes peeled boys, they are just about in range!

NRA Life Endowment Member
American Legion Life Member
Its only a hill, if you think its a hill. . .

Posts: 1641 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Be Well and Keep Your Rifle Clean
Picture of mrmn50
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:
Thats why I so despise the term "Shelter in Place". Its one step below "Run Away" as youre not even doing anything except cowering.

The new slogan should be "Get Some!"

I have felt since I first heard he term Shelter In Place that it was coined so that the PC crowd could feel Tacticool also.

The Cower in Place term may take a little time to get used to but we will hear it on CNN soon, or some words like it.

To quote my uncle Sam, "Get the fuck outa here with that shit, willya!!"

"..AGAINST ALL ENEMIES, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC,...SO HELP ME GOD."

Posts: 20501 | Location: Czechtown,Minnesota | Registered: October 17, 2005Report This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
The UK population is over 65 Million.

The number of legal firearms in private ownership is substantially LESS than 1.5 Million.

Of those, less than 10 per cent are owned by city dwellers, who are required by law to keep them locked up.

So an attack in, say, London would be met by....what?

Armed citizens?

Nope.

Armed police?

Undoubtedly, but not very many, simply because there ARE not very many.

Please give me YOUR solution. I'm sure that many of us over here would just LOVE to hear it.

tac

Posts: 8241 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Report This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dirt:
I'm beginning to feel less and less sorry for those that cower before their enemies rather than confront them.

Armed with what, exactly?

Bare hands against people armed with fully automatic weapons?

That'll work.

tac

posted Hide Post
Great Britain is not the only country in which the battle should begin by facing down their own rulers.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

Posts: 6364 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
The UK population is over 65 Million.

The number of legal firearms in private ownership is substantially LESS than 1.5 Million.

Of those, less than 10 per cent are owned by city dwellers, who are required by law to keep them locked up.

So an attack in, say, London would be met by....what?

Armed citizens?

Nope.

Armed police?

Undoubtedly, but not very many, simply because there ARE not very many.

Please give me YOUR solution. I'm sure that many of us over here would just LOVE to hear it.

tac

Well hell, we could send England a massive shipment of long guns and hand guns like we did in 1940 to help ward off Hitler's Army.

Wait...uh, never mind. We never got those guns back.

"Good Girls go to Heaven. Bad Girls go everywhere". - Mae West.

Posts: 4703 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
Well hell, we could send England a massive shipment of long guns and hand guns like we did in 1940 to help ward off Hitler's Army.

Worse than that, according to an article I read some years back (American Rifleman?) those guns were never even issued to the Home Guard. They just disappeared.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

Posts: 6364 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Report This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:

tac

Disobey tyrants.

Fight until you die.

Spit in the face of evil.

Go old school.

-Captain Obvious

Posts: 3952 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:

Worse than that, according to an article I read some years back (American Rifleman?) those guns were never even issued to the Home Guard. They just disappeared.

Probably just dumped into the ocean. Many tons of British/American/German small arms and ammo were wasted the same way in late 1945.

They even kicked the man who held England together, Churchill, out of office.

"Good Girls go to Heaven. Bad Girls go everywhere". - Mae West.

Posts: 4703 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Report This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Sir, you are misinformed.

They WERE issued, and those with a different calibre than .303 were marked accordingly.

Also - Congress had not authorized the gift of supplies delivered after the cutoff date, so the U.S. charged for them, usually at a 90% discount. Large quantities of undelivered goods were in Britain or in transit when Lend-Lease terminated on 2 September 1945. Britain wished to retain some of this equipment in the immediate post war period. In 1946, the post-war Anglo-American loan further indebted Britain to the U.S. Lend-Lease items retained were sold to Britain at 10% of nominal value, giving an initial loan value of £1.075 billion for the Lend-Lease portion of the post-war loans. Payment was to be stretched out over 50 annual payments, starting in 1951 and with five years of deferred payments, at 2% interest.[67] The final payment of $83.3 million (£42.5 million), due on 31 December 2006 (repayment having been deferred in the allowed five years and during a sixth year not allowed), was made on 29 December 2006 (the last working day of the year). After this final payment Britain's Economic Secretary to the Treasury formally thanked the U.S. for its wartime support.

Thank you.

tac

PS - The British government also settled the dept with Canada on the same day - 'The Treasury will send £42.4 million to the US and £9.98 million to Canada via electronic payment, the 50th instalment on a loan that without which Britain may have collapsed under the cost of six years of war with Germany.'

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Sir, you are misinformed.

They WERE issued, and those with a different calibre than .303 were marked accordingly.

Tac, I hope you're right, but GWbiker and I were referring to the weapons collected by the NRA from civilians for distribution to the Home Guard, and I think you're referring to Lend-Lease.

-- H L Mencken